Rasmus and Young and give it a run

theobird

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rasmus, De Aza, and Lough would mean you have three guys who can't hit left handers. I don't see how that would work out.

This is why I think its going to be De Aza and Lough from the left side, Delmon Young and Steave Pearce from the right.

Those 4 cover LF, RF, DH, backup OF, and backup 1B.

Used properly, I would expect those 4 to get about 1300 plate appearances and put up a .750 OPS for under $10 million.

That's value right there.

This is why I think its going to be De Aza and Lough from the left side, Delmon Young and Steave Pearce from the right.

Those 4 cover LF, RF, DH, backup OF, and backup 1B.

Used properly, I would expect those 4 to get about 1300 plate appearances and put up a .750 OPS for under $10 million.

That's value right there.

Sounds good. That leaves room for Flaherty, back catcher and ?

You saw what adding Wallace did for the pitchers last year. I think we will see a different hitting approach from Coolbaugh. More OBP oriented. He is not going to change Adam Jones. But he might change Schoop and Machado.

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest this is the case. Coolbaugh is a guy who works with hitters on perfecting their individual styles, not a guy who brings in a wholesale team-wide hitting approach.

Rasmus, De Aza, and Lough would mean you have three guys who can't hit left handers. I don't see how that would work out.

I agree it is a lot of left, but I think that might not be so bad in the 2015 AL East. Boston's remade rotation is all righty - I think Sabathia and Buehrle may be the only left-handed starters in the division next year - maybe Moore returns from his Tommy John in the second half.

Archived