The Clemens Hearing Thread

Moose Milligan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I will tell you that Clemens is one of the nicest guys off the field that I have heard about.

I listen to MLB Homeplate on XM and the stories that people are saying about RC helping their son's and giving back so much to the youth is unreal.

When he was in the Minor leagues, he would buy breakfast, lunch and dinner for everyone, including the staff (towel guys, janitors, bat boys). He also would give instruction to anyone that wanted it and was always around to help out, never turned away from people.

There must have been 5-6 callers with that type of story and even Dibble and Kennedy were giving their stories as well. This was when all of this first happened.

So I believe that RC really is a very nice guy and gives back to the game of baseball.

It appears he has lied, and at the wrong time to the wrong people. We shall see what happens.

I will tell you that Clemens is one of the nicest guys off the field that I have heard about.

I listen to MLB Homeplate on XM and the stories that people are saying about RC helping their son's and giving back so much to the youth is unreal.

When he was in the Minor leagues, he would buy breakfast, lunch and dinner for everyone, including the staff (towel guys, janitors, bat boys). He also would give instruction to anyone that wanted it and was always around to help out, never turned away from people.

There must have been 5-6 callers with that type of story and even Dibble and Kennedy were giving their stories as well. This was when all of this first happened.

So I believe that RC really is a very nice guy and gives back to the game of baseball.

It appears he has lied, and at the wrong time to the wrong people. We shall see what happens.

I didn't know that. It's funny how stuff like that with players who are disliked gets less publicity. I know some other "bad" players have done stuff like that, T.O. comes to mind.

Congressman: "You want us to believe you learned your wife was injected with HGH without your knowledge, that she said she felt she had circulation problems immediately afterward, you searched McNamee's luggage for additional drugs, but you never bothered to learn about HGH?"

Clemens: "That's right. I don't know much about HGH at all..."

(I did my best to transcribe this...not word for word....)

I cannot figure out why that one fella understand why McNamee would keep the evidence. If you are doing something illegal and you have a feeling that you are going to be caught...you have to protect yourself.

Yeah...it's a crappy thing to do to someone you consided a friend...but it's not totally uncommon either.

I cannot figure out why that one fella understand why McNamee would keep the evidence. If you are doing something illegal and you have a feeling that you are going to be caught...you have to protect yourself.

Yeah...it's a crappy thing to do to someone you consided a friend...but it's not totally uncommon either.

The guy's an ex-cop, he knows about how "evidence" must be handled. At the very least, I would've expected that he would have had some buddy ex-cop stash it in the evidence room somewhere right away, just for appearances' sake... keeping it in a beer can in his basement? That seems kinda silly to me.

I have no dog in this fight. I don't know who's wrong. Maybe both of them, for all I know. But Dan Burton is making it clear that he's Roger's homeboy...

Archived