Do you think Duquette is going to be the Jays' CEO in 2015?

Frobby

Do you believe Duquette will be the Jays' CEO before the end of 2015?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe Duquette will be the Jays' CEO before the end of 2015?

• No. Angelos will stick to his guns.
    • Yes, by the end of this weekend
    • Yes, before spring training begins
    • Yes, before spring training is over
    • Yes, before the end of the regular season
    • Yes, before the end of 2015

It's a promotion that he wants to leave for first of all. Second of all, are we more focused on putting "the idea to the test" or getting rid of a huge distraction and building on a team that went to the ALCS and has done noting to improve aside from hoping that our own players come back healthy which wasn't enough the year before in which Chris Davis had a historically great year. Let him walk and let's get someone who wants to be here and salvage this offseason.

You know what would be distracting? An environment where formal agreements meant nothing when you were trying to get something done. Ask anyone who's ever tried to be productive in one. I'm confident that as long as Dan Duquette is held accountable to his contract he will do his best for the Orioles. Results are what he sells and they have a short shelf life. Whether or not Peter Angelos thinks making an issue out of the situation is worth the trouble remains to be seen. It would be nice if things were resolved sooner rather than later, but the clock is ticking for the Blue Jays as well and I question whether they have the time, interest or stomach to fight a protracted battle with PA on this.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what would be distracting? An environment where formal agreements meant nothing when you were trying to get something done. Ask anyone who's ever tried to be productive in one. I'm confident that as long as Dan Duquette is held accountable to his contract he will do his best for the Orioles. Results are what he sells and they have a short shelf life. Whether or not Peter Angelos thinks making an issue out of the situation is worth the trouble remains to be seen. It would be nice if things were resolved sooner rather than later, but the clock is ticking for the Blue Jays as well and I question whether they have the time, interest or stomach to fight a protracted battle with PA on this.

I have no doubt that DD will do his job if he is forced to stay. My concern is Roch was already quoting sources inside the warehouse describing the current situation as "toxic". To me that is a big issue. Part of the success we have had I believe is tied to PA keeping his distance and letting the baseball people do their thing.

This is not a slam on PA. He has a billion dollar enterprise here and has every right to be sure that whomever he has guiding that ship he has confidence in. Peter seems to value ethics and loyalty above all else. If Peter still has confidence and feels that DD still meets that criteria then I am down with him being forced to stay. If the situation as Roch described it is becoming toxic for whatever reasons then its probably best to let him go and bring in someone whom PA can feel that confidence in.

DD is a very good GM but the O's did not get to where they are in his back alone. Buck and McPhail among others have contributed mightly to why this team is successful now. I just want the O's to do what is best for the franchise rather than try to win a tug of war against an unethical franchise like the BJ's. We can address the tampering in court later if need be but lets not throw the baby iut with bath water just to make a point.

57.8% of OH believe DD is leaving at some point this year....

The other issue is - What if Angelos refuses to let Duquette go? - Not that he can't do that because he is under contract but from what all is said denying an employee a promotion is very frowned upon

How would this impact us in the future with hiring FO personnel?

The other issue is - What if Angelos refuses to let Duquette go? - Not that he can't do that because he is under contract but from what all is said denying an employee a promotion is very frowned upon

They can always refuse to sign a long term deal. Ned Yost just turned down a 3-year deal with the Royals and signed a 1-year deal instead.

There are 30 of these jobs in the world.

I voted no. I think two points are largely ignored. Too much smoke here, DD is done. But Peter Angelos will seek retribution. DD should be very careful here.

Edit to add, I think the better question is who will be the replacement for DD before the end of 2015.

Archived