Orioles trade Michael Ohlman to Cardinals

Can_of_corn

Mike Trout was on the board for a long time after the Hobgood. It's not like the Orioles would have selected Trout if they didn't select Hobgood. Zack Wheeler was taken the pick after Hobgood. I would have loved to have gotten him.

Drafts in any sport is a fickle thing.

In 1992, 5 players were selected ahead of Derek Jeter, none of them ever played in world series and yet he played in 5 and had a very long career.

In 2012, RG3 and Luck was drafted ahead of Wilson, and how many SB have Wilson been to? The others = none.

Brady was drafted in the 6th round, and his SB rings are how many?

Joe Montana was the 82nd pick in the 3rd round, and look how he turned out.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drafts in any sport is a fickle thing.

In 1992, 5 players were selected ahead of Derek Jeter, none of them ever played in world series and yet he played in 5 and had a very long career.

In 2012, RG3 and Luck was drafted ahead of Wilson, and how many SB have Wilson been to? The others = none.

Brady was drafted in the 6th round, and his SB rings are how many?

Joe Montana was the 82nd pick in the 3rd round, and look how he turned out.

If I recall correctly Jeter had made it known that he wouldn't sign with any team other then the Yankees. Kinda like Heyward did with the Braves.

If I recall correctly Jeter had made it known that he wouldn't sign with any team other then the Yankees. Kinda like Heyward did with the Braves.

he did mention that in his book.

Even if he hadn't said that. From what I have read, the Orioles had no interest in Jeter, since they had Ripken and that they really liked Hammonds and was shocked that Hammonds fell to #4. They felt he was a true 5 tool guy.

Even if he hadn't said that. From what I have read, the Orioles had no interest in Jeter, since they had Ripken and that they really liked Hammonds and was shocked that Hammonds fell to #4. They felt he was a true 5 tool guy.

He was.

Health was the tool he didn't have.

Hammonds was the consensus number one player. It was considered a coup to have him fall: and he fell because of price.

Archived