50 Shades of Gregg Zaun

MurphDogg

This kind of BS was very common 25 years ago. So, I'm not going to judge Cal and the other "clubhouse enforcers" the same way as I would if this was going on today. However, I'lll say this: there's a reason this stuff doesn't happen as much today. It's because it's stupid. As the current Orioles are showing, it's quite possible to have a good clubhouse where young players respect the veterans and the game, without turning it into Pledge Week at a 1970's fraternity house.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This kind of BS was very common 25 years ago. So, I'm not going to judge Cal and the other "clubhouse enforcers" the same way as I would if this was going on today. However, I'lll say this: there's a reason this stuff doesn't happen as much today. It's because it's stupid. As the current Orioles are showing, it's quite possible to have a good clubhouse where young players respect the veterans and the game, without turning it into Pledge Week at a 1970's fraternity house.

Well said.

I remember 70’s pledge weeks. Most of our Presidents participated in this or worse.

Interesting that while he is a broadcaster for the Jays, he reveals this kind of thing after all these years. I wonder what is in it for him to reveal this. It should never have happened, for sure, but serves no purpose to reveal this now. As for thinking ill of Cal, I say, "Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone".

Interesting that while he is a broadcaster for the Jays, he reveals this kind of thing after all these years. I wonder what is in it for him to reveal this. It should never have happened, for sure, but serves no purpose to reveal this now. As for thinking ill of Cal, I say, "Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone".

I wonder what Rick Dempsey did?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sorry if you were offended but hierarchy and pecking order are important in any industry. No one ended up on the D.L. Boys being boys</p>— Gregg Zaun (@GreggZaun) <a href="

">February 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sorry if you were offended but hierarchy and pecking order are important in any industry. No one ended up on the D.L. Boys being boys</p>— Gregg Zaun (@GreggZaun) <a href="

I guess he didn't expect it to become a National thing...thanks for posting.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Oh and Greg Zaun saying he was hazed by Cal and the Os is great. I mean look at him, who wouldn't haze him. <a href="http://t.co/YxSfpk3X7n">pic.twitter.com/YxSfpk3X7n</a></p>— Eroc RDT (@BarstoolRDT) <a href="

Yeah, sorry about that. Not a great title. Although it does have Gregg Zaun in the title so you ought to have caught it.

Yes, scouring the OriolesHangout.com message board for redundant threads falls just behind tithing and volunteering in the homeless shelter:) Regardless-crazy story particularly given it was Dempsey's nephew. I always liked Greg Zahn and was sad to see him leave when he did.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Zaun, a guy who reportedly purchased drugs with a personal check is lecturing people about how they should act.</p>— Craig Calcaterra (@craigcalcaterra) <a href="

">February 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Zaun, a guy who reportedly purchased drugs with a personal check is lecturing people about how they should act.</p>— Craig Calcaterra (@craigcalcaterra) <a href="
">February 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

Huh? I must have missed that. Getting ugly...

Archived