Schoop's going to keep his job

Frobby

It seems to me that Buck throws him a compliment after almost every single game. Just in the last week:

Today: "The double play Jon turned in the first inning, that doesn't get turned. You kind of go, 'Wow.'"

Tuesday: "Jonathan's had good at-bats since he got here."

Sunday: "Jon (Schoop), too, had the most consistent at-bats. He seems to make a play every game."

Last Friday: "Schoop seems to make a play every night, doesn't he?"

I just don't see any way Buck is going to send Schoop to Norfolk or put him on the bench.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As long as Cabrera is playing as bad as he has been playing its not hard to see Schoop at 2B.

In my eyes it wasn't hard to see it that when even when we first signed Cabrera.

No reason what do ever he shouldnt be the starting 2B. So he had a poor avg and OBP last year as a rook. Big deal, thats kind of to be expected when your not a Mike Trout type.

He has steadily and constantly improved since the beginning of last year. You don't bench or send down someone like that.

Im also a Laker fan and Buck could be trying Phil Jacksons methods. Use media to put a message out there and see how they player responds. Does he start to get overly confident? Does he become big headed? Just trying to test him psychologically...maybe. but I believe that Buck and staff really does like him.

I don't have the stats right in from of me, but it certainly seems that Schoop is doing a lot better at offense than last year. I realize that it's just ST, but his bat is a lot better. Plus he's still doing very well at defense. Whereas Cabrera isn't looking all that good.

So what will they do with Cabrera? Is Jimmy Paredes's defense that much worse than Cabrera's?

Archived