I'm starting to pay attention now

Frobby

Norris is probably your 5th starter. Of which, we won't need for 2 weeks to start the season. Keep calm:)

We could start Jimenz instead? How about that? Though so...Bud will be fine. He is a bulldog and hated on here for no good reason IMO.

Can you show how Norris is hated on here for "no good reason." Because you are talking out your ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you show how Norris is hated on here for "no good reason." Because you are talking out your ass.

You should read the game threads...people always saying he belongs in the pen. I disagree.

How is that "hate"?

Someone needs to end up in the pen right?

Or do you think a six man rotation is actually viable?

I think Norris is a gamer and a great #4 or #5, so no, I don't think he belongs in the pen.

I honestly would start Tyler Wilson over Jimenz, but we should not have a 6 man. No.

So just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it is "hate."

Whatever, not sure what you are saying really. Semantics. People think he belongs in the pen. I disagree. Perhaps it is a generational thing with use of the word "hate". I don't mean hate in the Nazi sense, more in the Ice-Tea Pimp Ball sense.

Agree to disagree.

Do you remember the years of the Orioles starters sporting 7+ ERAs because they had been rushed and pressed into inappropriate action too son because to the dearth of legitimate major league pitching? And I am a Tyler Wilson fan.

I don't hate Bud at all. I was in DET when he shut down the Tigers to close out the ALDS. I defended the trade to get him. Still, he has been abyssmal this spring, and complained about his back. Put it all together, I am expecting an off year. In the context of the numbers crunch for the rotation, I am not sure Bud is in our top five right now.

If I recall correctly Buck got annoyed with Norris last year in ST. Something to the effect, "Would you go out on a golf course without all your clubs in your bag?" Norris wasn't using all his pitches. Norris is a bull dog and pitches better when it matters. ST does not necessitate a bull dog mentality and his "rehearsals" have a tendency to show that.

Do you remember the years of the Orioles starters sporting 7+ ERAs because they had been rushed and pressed into inappropriate action too son because to the dearth of legitimate major league pitching? And I am a Tyler Wilson fan.

Oh, I thought you meant about Bud Norris.

Yeah-I was half serious about the Tyler Wilson comment. You are probably right there. Jimenz is frustrating is all.

I don't hate Bud at all. I was in DET when he shut down the Tigers to close out the ALDS. I defended the trade to get him. Still, he has been abyssmal this spring, and complained about his back. Put it all together, I am expecting an off year. In the context of the numbers crunch for the rotation, I am not sure Bud is in our top five right now.
I have observed that Bud has been struggling this spring. Perhaps the stiffness in his back is the explanation. Which means that once his back clears up, then he'll be just fine. If Bud has a back injury, he should go on the DL and get treatment for his back. In the meantime, start our #6 guy (Buck hasn't said who that will be) in Bud's place.

Archived