Lady Terps and Orioles Opening Day in Tampa

BergerKing

It's Women's Basketball.. Who cares

I do, and you should too. Here's why. Womens basketball is a throwback form of basketball that in my opinion focuses on the best things about team sports. It's the anti-NBA, all heart, hustle and defense with a smattering of terrific individual athleticism. The MD team specifically plays really selflessly, making the extra pass, passing up the opportunity to pad stats in an effort to get a better shot. Everything as a coach I try to teach my kids to do.

Outside of that, the MD girls ran the table in the Big 10 this year against everyone's prediction. They have won their last 28 or 29 games and are really playing inspired basketball. They also have the chance to knock UConn off of their perch as an added bonus. Give them a shot. You might be surprised.

Just an FYI the lady Terps are in the final 4 in Tampa on Sunday the 5th so if you are going to Tampa for opening day it might be worth showing the ladies some love and getting tickets to see them play.

Love me some Brenda Freese. Tough game against UConn though...

I do, and you should too. Here's why. Womens basketball is a throwback form of basketball that in my opinion focuses on the best things about team sports. It's the anti-NBA, all heart, hustle and defense with a smattering of terrific individual athleticism. The MD team specifically plays really selflessly, making the extra pass, passing up the opportunity to pad stats in an effort to get a better shot. Everything as a coach I try to teach my kids to do.

Outside of that, the MD girls ran the table in the Big 10 this year against everyone's prediction. They have won their last 28 or 29 games and are really playing inspired basketball. They also have the chance to knock UConn off of their perch as an added bonus. Give them a shot. You might be surprised.

So what you're saying is you don't really know what the NBA is about?

Archived