Sun-Times says O's want Cedeno, Gallagher, and 2 more prospects

Bigbie03

I unfortunately think the Cubs deal is going to get done. You guys speak of value, but I wouldn't take anything less than Gallagher, Murton (heart trouble and all Id take him over a healthy Cedeno), Veal, and Pie. I hope McPhail isn't looking to unload him for less.

Wait a second. DeRosa has heart issues. Does Murton, as well?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they'd have to add in Rich Hill and Geovanny Soto or the deal wouldn't be fair.

Yeah, but then you're talking a 6 for 1 deal...that's not gonna fly with the Cubs. So, I think we would need to at least put Payton, Gibbons and Huff in the deal...and possibly even Millar.

Wait a second. DeRosa has heart issues. Does Murton, as well?

The Waldo guy above doesn't know what he's talking about. Murton does not have a heart condition. DeRosa is the one with that problem. And that trade is ridiculous sir. Take Pie out of that trade and then we have something to work with. AM got a lot of studs for the Tejada and Bedard trades. More than anyone expected, but Roberts wont bring in a haul like that. Look for Gallagher, Cedeno, Veal, and maybe a lower level prospect (or Fontenot).

The Waldo guy above doesn't know what he's talking about. Murton does not have a heart condition. DeRosa is the one with that problem. And that trade is ridiculous sir. Take Pie out of that trade and then we have something to work with. AM got a lot of studs for the Tejada and Bedard trades. More than anyone expected, but Roberts wont bring in a haul like that. Look for Gallagher, Cedeno, Veal, and maybe a lower level prospect (or Fontenot).
Roberts should be more valuable than Tejada, although I think we took Houston for a ride on that deal so I don't neccesarily think we'll get a better return for Roberts.

I think they'd have to add in Rich Hill and Geovanny Soto or the deal wouldn't be fair.

Okay.. Now I am a Cubs fan as some of you may know, but i am also a baseball guy and a FAIR guy when it comes to discussing other teams.

I know you guys really do value roberts, and RIGHTFULLY so. The guy is one heck of a second basemen and leadoff guy.

But seriously, trying to get 5 players, including 2 of our best arms and OUR STARTING CATCHER or up-and-coming #3 pitcher is borderline ridiculous. Soto was just the AAA MVP, and came up and hit .380 at the end of the year. Plus, he had our only postseason homerun. Rich Hill is considered one of the best young lefties in all of baseball, and seemingly is getting stronger and more acclimated with each performance.

You guys are CLEARLY in a rebuilding mode, which puts you in a position to basically "audition" numerous young players. This means that you are in a great position becuase you get to evaluate a lot of unknown young talent. Therefore, you are quite likely to see a deal that involves basically all minor leaguers/ guys with a BRIEF bit of MLB experience.

So why in God's name would we give up our starting catcher and basically ONLY catching prospect along with 2 SOLID young arms, a leftfielder who can start on a good amount of teams, and a decent (depending) young shortstop?

I have said NUMEROUS times that a deal consisting of Veal, Cedeno, Murton, and Colvin would be acceptable and most likely not even a second thought to Hendry. The guys you are trying to put in this deal WILL NOT even be discussed in these talks. This whole "5 for 1" thing would basically give you guys more than you got for Bedard, and more than the Twins got for Santana.. Which are UNDOUBTEDLY 2 guys who have more trade value than Roberts.

As I have said- I'm a fair guy and basically a baseballaholic. I understand that you want a good return for B-Rob, and rightfully so. But SERIOUSLY, you are staring to value him like he is Jimmy Rollins or something. The fact is that due to the fact that EVERYONE knows you are starting over and in rebuilding mode means that keeping him around would only be detrimental to the process.. He is a still a valuable trade commodity and will likely be unhappy staying on probably a 65-70 win team. A trade for good young prospects will serve you well.. But he is NOT valued as high as you all are beginning to think. That's all I have to say- I hope you don't take any of this as being rude or insulting. I REALLY like this board and consider you all to be class acts- kind of refreshing actually compared to most other boards.

So Veal, Colvin, Murton, and Gallagher for B-Rob. Lets get it done!

And please throw Jay Payton under a bus so Chicago doesn't have to. :D

Umm BRod4sale, i think this post is in jest to the post before it that stated...

Originally Posted by TheOtherRipken

"I unfortunately think the Cubs deal is going to get done. You guys speak of value, but I wouldn't take anything less than Gallagher, Murton (heart trouble and all Id take him over a healthy Cedeno), Veal, and Pie. I hope McPhail isn't looking to unload him for less."

No need to become concerned, its more of a poke at a fellow OHer...

But as far as a Veal, Colvin, Murton, and Gallagher for B-Rob, i could definaely see that deal as possible, but im having a hard time figuring why the O's would need another OF in Murton and not any MINF help...

The article in the Sun said there looking at Veal or Ceda.So I ask Oriole fans which one would you want Veal or Ceda.Hendry will not give up both.A guy that really looks good is Kevin Hart would you guys be interested in getting him back.

Ceda by far for me! I think he will be a good bullpen guy for us for years to come. May have closer potential as well. I have never been high on Veal. Reminds me of a lefty DCab.

Umm BRod4sale, i think this post is in jest to the post before it that stated...

Originally Posted by TheOtherRipken

"I unfortunately think the Cubs deal is going to get done. You guys speak of value, but I wouldn't take anything less than Gallagher, Murton (heart trouble and all Id take him over a healthy Cedeno), Veal, and Pie. I hope McPhail isn't looking to unload him for less."

No need to become concerned, its more of a poke at a fellow OHer...

But as far as a Veal, Colvin, Murton, and Gallagher for B-Rob, i could definaely see that deal as possible, but im having a hard time figuring why the O's would need another OF in Murton and not any MINF help...

Oh, my bad man! I didn't realize that! Thanks Lax- I kinda feel foolish now that you mention it. :002_ssuprised:

But I can see where you night kinda see Murton as not being a good fit in the deal.. I'd say add Tony Thomas to the mix instead. Do you think that would be an okay return then?

I unfortunately think the Cubs deal is going to get done. You guys speak of value, but I wouldn't take anything less than Gallagher, Murton (heart trouble and all Id take him over a healthy Cedeno), Veal, and Pie. I hope McPhail isn't looking to unload him for less.

Delusion is an amazing thing.

So does A deal of Gallegher,Cedeno and Ceda get it done.I think Hendry really wants Roberts to lead off so I think this deal could get done quickly.

No offense, but come on, man. If you're gonna tribute the man in your SN, at least spell "Caray" right. ;)

Oh, my bad man! I didn't realize that! Thanks Lax- I kinda feel foolish now that you mention it. :002_ssuprised:

But I can see where you night kinda see Murton as not being a good fit in the deal.. I'd say add Tony Thomas to the mix instead. Do you think that would be an okay return then?

Not a bad idea with Thomas instead of Murton, but then you are into the PTBNL realm, whih might drag he deal down even more...

That being said, yeah i would probably do a Gallagher, Cedenao, Thomas(PTBNL) and Veal/Colvin deal. I would prefer Veal, buts that just personal preference.

Archived