From the Booth- Yankees Version

WallyB8

Ugly loss! Especially for an O's fan smack dab in the middle of NY Yankeeland and Boston RedSoxland. Hunter needs to get outs or he will be just another version of Jim Johnson failing to get outs. when we need them the most. plus Davis needs to get a hit with runners in scoring position.

But it's still April and we have BUCK!! :2yay-thumb:

I think the 4th year was the deal breaker for Cruz, and at his age. You would have got 1-2 years and then be yelling about his production.

But, the offense isn't lacking, this season, it's there.

Exactly correct. We all suspected Cruz would be great for another year or two, but all these people that keep posting about what he does every night, I hope they're around in 2017 and 2018 to do the same thing.

Hey guys, I know it's been rough and a little ugly. We have stuff we need to straighten out and get back on track ASAP.

But how about some perspective when weighing the first week against the rest of the season?

In 2014, we were 2-5 after 7 games, including a frustrating 4 game losing streak from April 2-5 where we allowed 27 runs in those games.

We have been here before, with a floundering pitching staff in the first part of April... and as recently as last season at that. They'll get it together, they will make the adjustments... have faith. They have already proven that they can. :)

Archived