Mychal Givens

weams

o

MYCHAL ANTONIO GIVENS )))))) (vs. YANKEES, 4/06)

Givens entered a tie in the the bottom of the 10th inning, and struck out the top of the Yankees' order (Brett Gardner, Aaron Judge, and Giancarlo Stanton) on 14 Pitches )(11 )Strikes, )3 )Balls.)

The next inning (the 11th), he ceded an 8-pitch walk to Didi Gregorius. After going 3-0 to the next batter (Neil Walker), he induced a ground-ball out from him. After an intentional walk, pinch-hitter Ronald Torreyes appeared to hit into an inning-ending double-play to end the inning, but the call was overturned. Didi Gregorius then tried to score from 3rd base on a wild pitch, but Caleb Joseph and Givens combined to make an excellent defensive play at the plate to end the inning.

He threw 2 shutout innings overall on 33 Pitches )(22 )Strikes, )11 )Balls.)

2018 ERA: lllllllllll 4.50 )  6.00 IP  (3 ER)

2018 WHIP: lllllll 1.250  )  6.00 IP  (8 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: ).227  )  5 for 22 

o

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

o

MYCHAL ANTONIO GIVENS )))))) (vs. D-RAYS, 4/26)

1 llInning Pitched.

1 llHit (1 Single.)

0 llRuns.

0 lllWalks.

2 lllStrikeouts.

15 )Pitches )(10 )Strikes, )5 )Balls.)

2018 ERA: lllllllllll 5.40 )  11.67 IP  (7 ER)

2018 WHIP: lllllll 1.543  )  11.67 IP  (18 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: ).238 ) (10 for 42)

o

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If we go full on fire sale do you trade Givens too?  We need IF depth badly. 

I don’t see how we can given 2018 performance and contact remaining. If someone ponies up equal value I hope so. Relievers have massive value around the league.

• 4 weeks later...

o

Givens entered the game with runners on 2nd and 3rd base, nobody out, and the Orioles desperately clinging to a 3-2 lead.

6 OUTS: ) 2 Strikeouts, 2 Groundouts, 1 Poput, 1 Lineout

MYCHAL ANTONIO GIVENS )))))) (vs. WHITE SOX, 5/21)

IP:ll2  ) *

H:lll 0 )) 

R:llll 0

BB:ll0

SO:ll2

Pitches: )l 28(20 )Strikes, )8)Balls)

2018 ERA: )l 2.84) 25.33 IP  (8 ER)

2018 WHIP: )l 1.066 )  25.33 IP  (27 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .191 )  (17 for 89)

* )) Givens entered the game with runners on 2nd and 3rd base and nobody out, in the 6th inning.

PITCHES BY INNING

15 lll(11 llStrikes, lll4 lllBalls)

13 lll(91 llStrikes, lll4 lllBalls)

o

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I sure hope the Orioles don't trade Givens. He is such a nasty pitcher and is not afraid of pitching in tough situations.

I'm on the other end. I really hope they DO trade Givens. Not because I don't like him, but because I don't see him getting moved unless the Orioles get a ton in return and right now we need a top end prospect or two more than Givens. I don't see the Orioles competing for a few years and by then, Givens will be nearing Free Agency. I think Givens is the type of player a team like the Braves may go after. He's got control and helps the bullpen now as well. I don't see Atlanta dealing for rentals like Machado, but could go after Givens.

Here's an interesting concept: what if we deal Gausman and Givens to Atlanta? Could that yield some top end talent? They're likely looking for another (more proven) major league arm in the rotation and bullpen. This gives them that, but also gives them a couple of guys with some level of control.

2 hours ago, SeaBird said:

Moving Davis down to 7th in the lineup seemed to help him.  No hits but he only struck out once and his BA only dropped to .161.

12 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I'm on the other end. I really hope they DO trade Givens. Not because I don't like him, but because I don't see him getting moved unless the Orioles get a ton in return and right now we need a top end prospect or two more than Givens. I don't see the Orioles competing for a few years and by then, Givens will be nearing Free Agency. I think Givens is the type of player a team like the Braves may go after. He's got control and helps the bullpen now as well. I don't see Atlanta dealing for rentals like Machado, but could go after Givens.

Here's an interesting concept: what if we deal Gausman and Givens to Atlanta? Could that yield some top end talent? They're likely looking for another (more proven) major league arm in the rotation and bullpen. This gives them that, but also gives them a couple of guys with some level of control.

This seems much more realistic (for the Braves) to me then them trading for Machado. I didn't realize how loaded they are with pitching. Six guy in the top 100. Wow. 

Max Fried LHP (80th)

Austin Riley 3B (77th)

Kolby Allard LHP (54th)

Ian Anderson RHP (47th)

Luiz Gohara LHP (45th)

Mike Soroko RHP (28th)

Kyle Wright RHP (27th)

• 2 months later...

o

Last 3 Outings Combined )))))))) (AUGUST 8th))

3.33 llllllllInnings Pitched

0 lllllllllllllllllHits

0 lllllllllllllllRuns

0 llllllllllllllllllllWalks

3 llllllllllllllllllStrikeouts

43 )Pitches )(28 )Strikes, )15 )Balls.)

o

• 5 weeks later...

o

Givens entered the game withe the bases loaded with only one out, and the Orioles desperately clinging to a 1-run lead (Paul Fry ceded 4 baserunners and a run while facing only 5 batters.)

Givens came through with a Strikeout of Stephen Piscotty and a lineout induced from Marcus Semien to end the threat, and preserve the Orioles' lead.

One inning later he closed out the Athletics, helping the Orioles salvage the final game of a 3-game set with the northern Californians.

(vs. ATHLETICS, 9/13)

1.67 llllllllInnings Pitched

0 lllllllllllllllllHits

0 lllllllllllllllRuns

1 llllllllllllllllllllWalk

2 llllllllllllllllllStrikeouts

23 )Pitches )(16 )Strikes, )7 )Balls.)

o

• 4 months later...