Not signing Miler and Cruz is going to haunt this team and it's fans for years to come......

islandecho

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Technically, he didn't say he posted it on here. He posted he "said" it. That could have been among friends just talking. I take it as he was under the same opinion three months ago, and he's just letting people know. Im sure he is getting blasted for suggesting it was a bad idea to let Cruz and Miller walk. Since keeping them would have cost money.

Technically, I do know who is who here most of the time.

Technically, he didn't say he posted it on here. He posted he "said" it. That could have been among friends just talking. I take it as he was under the same opinion three months ago, and he's just letting people know. Im sure he is getting blasted for suggesting it was a bad idea to let Cruz and Miller walk. Since keeping them would have cost money.

Yep. We don't like spending money here.

Gotta make sure Mr Angelos makes the most money possible.

Kinda. Yeah. But I gave you positive rep because I assume you missed where he had multiple accounts here. As you know, I support you most of the time.

Didn't read this thread past page 1. It's pointless. Miller and Cruz are gone. What's the point bringing it up anymore.

Didn't read this thread past page 1. It's pointless. Miller and Cruz are gone. What's the point bringing it up anymore.

I figured. No harm here if you aren't pissed at me. It is the past. And as I said, I loved Miller and would have signed Cruz. Even though it would have been a mistake.

The disastrous 2015 off-season from our front office is over and we can?t change it. We had a general manager that wanted out. The owner refused to let him go. We lose arguably the top reliever in baseball. I acknowledge starting pitching is our main issue. But to say Cruz and Miller would not have helped our cause is absurd. 7.11 innings of middle relief with 15 strikeouts and no runs would not have led us to of a couple of victories? Cruz?s nine homeruns in 64 at bats wouldn?t have helped win a couple of games?

There are many lifelong fans of the franchise that want to see the front office put the best product on the field. This is our avenue to vent when we feel that ownership has failed to do so. Buster Olney said this week that conversations with Angelos usually start with profanity with what is written about the franchise. Angelos controls the local media. The only media entity that challenges him has no credibility. The purpose of a forum is to allow differences of opinion. Those that disagree with the posters regarding the off-season should continue to offer their opinions. But when you launch continued personal attacks or retort with sarcasm you offer nothing to the debate other than appearing that your argument has no merit.

The disastrous 2015 off-season from our front office is over and we can?t change it. We had a general manager that wanted out. The owner refused to let him go. We lose arguably the top reliever in baseball. I acknowledge starting pitching is our main issue. But to say Cruz and Miller would not have helped our cause is absurd. 7.11 innings of middle relief with 15 strikeouts and no runs would not have led us to of a couple of victories? Cruz?s nine homeruns in 64 at bats wouldn?t have helped win a couple of games?

There are many lifelong fans of the franchise that want to see the front office put the best product on the field. This is our avenue to vent when we feel that ownership has failed to do so. Buster Olney said this week that conversations with Angelos usually start with profanity with what is written about the franchise. Angelos controls the local media. The only media entity that challenges him has no credibility. The purpose of a forum is to allow differences of opinion. Those that disagree with the posters regarding the off-season should continue to offer their opinions. But when you launch continued personal attacks or retort with sarcasm you offer nothing to the debate other than appearing that your argument has no merit.

Thank you for your answers. You still did not address what you would have done with a 125 million dollar payroll. With the benefit of some good hindsight. I had not heard Olney talk about Mr. Angelos cursing at him. Was that historical or current? I have been told that Peter rarely speaks with any media.

I have been told by two or thee people that Miller would not have pitched Middle relief anywhere. I wonder how Britton would have adapted.

I loved Cruz. I wanted us to sign him. Even with it being the mistake that it would have been.

Sorry, other than paying long term expensive contracts to Cruz and Miller what's the point?

Angelos could spend more money? Uh, ok. Or Duquette was a distracted idiot?

Aside from "more money and going for it", best I can tell it's we should have replaced them with "equivalent talent by being more creative" i guess. Since Cruz had an MVP caliber year and Miller is one of the best RP's in baseball (even if it was only a couple months for us) what would that creative solution be? If GM's could find Cruz and Miller replacements for a better value I'm sure they all would have done it.

The posters who decry the lack of spending never say what the budget should be. So, if there is no budget limit at all, I would have liked Scherzer as well as Cruz and Miller. I mean how can they not put the best team out there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived