Not signing Miler and Cruz is going to haunt this team and it's fans for years to come......

islandecho

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The debate boils down to this. Is the Angelos family doing everything they can do to make this franchise competitive or not? Are they raking in profits or spending as much as they can? It seems obvious to me that they are raking in profits, short changing the team. If you look at the posts of those that agree with me and look at the responses of those that disagree with me, you will see lots of sarcasm and superiority from those defending ownership. There are strong opinions each way, those on the side of cheap shouldn't be marginalized and vilified.

No team spends "as much as they can".

Find me one example of a team operating at 0 profitability as a defined course of action.

The bolded part is where I get confused.

It's not a complicated thing - the Orioles did nothing to improve when we had a chance. Player after player kept getting signed while DD was caught up with dreams of Lake Ontario.

Several of us kept saying "What happens with injuries?" "What if our guys regress?" and we got hit with nothing (and I mean nothing) but nasty memes, snark, sarcasm, virtual high-fiving with their buddies and general unsavory attitudes.

Now all of our weaknesses are laid bare and the lack of acquiring better players is clear and STILL there's folks acting as if everything is going to be okay.

It's scary.

MSK

I have still not seen you discuss how you would have improved the team with a 125 million dollar payroll.

This is not an us against them thing. And the camps are not evenly divided. And most of the "yeah, that's right"...comes from folks that are just visiting. I respect all of our longtime posters, and many newer ones. Whether I always agree with them or not. I am not always right myself. I will not allow this place to be divided into groups.

Well he seems to think it is so that is how I was engaging him.

He set the ground rules.

The debate boils down to this. Is the Angelos family doing everything they can do to make this franchise competitive or not? Are they raking in profits or spending as much as they can? It seems obvious to me that they are raking in profits, short changing the team. If you look at the posts of those that agree with me and look at the responses of those that disagree with me, you will see lots of sarcasm and superiority from those defending ownership. There are strong opinions each way, those on the side of cheap shouldn't be marginalized and vilified.

I am not a defender of Potter. But to just over and over bemoan that he doesn't spend 175-200 million or whatever you think he should spend seems to have little point. He is not going to spend what you think he should spend. It is his team. We are posters on a board. He will spend whatever he chooses to. You can either accept it or be aggravated with it or stop spending money on his product, but it hasn't ever been any different and it never will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suspect that more money is available to the family than they are willing to invest in the Orioles. I think you are right on that. I swear, if you say superiority and sarcasm one more time, I will stop liking you as I do.

Love you Weams, Go O's!!! :)

I do not think that says what you think that says.

What? Weems it is like you are moderator for a web site in North Korea. The organization can do no wrong in your opinion. They have no money to spend. Angelos is a great guy that has brought us years of winning baseball. We need to thank him for posting the Boston Bruins playoff scores to placate the Boston crowd he covets. We need to thank him for not signing the best reliever in baseball and the defending home run champion. Jeesh!!! Come on man! Show some objectivity. The Angelos regime has not been to one World Series. His overall record as owner is dismal.

Miller and Cruz would have made the team better. Again, any 10 year old knew that months ago and knows it now. Choices were made due to this year's payroll and future payroll. Water under the bridge. Now, what the team needs to do, IMO, is find at least one or two shut down arms for the 8th inning. Gausman certainly has that potential. I believe we need to replace Matusz with someone better. I'm not sure who that might be but Cesar Cabral has a history of striking people out but also poor control. This year, so far, so good. (9 IP 2 hits, 2 walks, 11 K's). Too soon to trust him but we need to do something there. Again, IMO, Hunter and Brach are B team guys. I love O'Day but we need to give him some help out there. Hunter and Brach should be B teamers. We need Gausman to step up to the A team, and a stronger lefty reliever.

BTW, I would target Will Smith of the Brewers.

Have you had chance to look at Pat McCoy? Do we have anything there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bolded part is where I get confused.

It's not a complicated thing - the Orioles did nothing to improve when we had a chance. Player after player kept getting signed while DD was caught up with dreams of Lake Ontario.

Several of us kept saying "What happens with injuries?" "What if our guys regress?" and we got hit with nothing (and I mean nothing) but nasty memes, snark, sarcasm, virtual high-fiving with their buddies and general unsavory attitudes.

Now all of our weaknesses are laid bare and the lack of acquiring better players is clear and STILL there's folks acting as if everything is going to be okay.

It's scary.

MSK

I was rather surprised by the animosity that some of the longer tenured posters here, who seem to be in favor of not signing Miller or Cruz, expressed towards those that did favor their signing. In the end we are all oriole fans. Some here really do express a know it all type of attitude.

What? Weems it is like you are moderator for a web site in North Korea. The organization can do no wrong in your opinion. They have no money to spend. Angelos is a great guy that has brought us years of winning baseball. We need to thank him for posting the Boston Bruins playoff scores to placate the Boston crowd he covets. We need to thank him for not signing the best reliever in baseball and the defending home run champion. Jeesh!!! Come on man! Show some objectivity. The Angelos regime has not been to one World Series. His overall record as owner is dismal.

If Weems (sic) were a moderator for a web site in North Korea, your post would have been viewed by roughly one thousand people and you would have been executed for your trouble.

Go O's!

Archived