Lord I needed that

Frobby

Lord, I needed that as well. I was at the game and it was cold and cloudy and I was shivering. Wei-Yin Chen went 8 whole innings, giving up only 2 runs. Things got very interesting in the 9th when Zach came on for the save with the O's winning 3-2. It started to rain, the ball was slippery. Zach gave up a leadoff walk, then got a SO. It looked like Zach would get the Os out of it with a game-ending double play. But Manny made (yet ANOTHER!!) error, throwing the ball to Chris Davis and the tying run scored. In the 10th, Brad Brach gave up a solo HR on his very first pitch. Matusz got the side out. I was shivering and sighing -- were we going to lose 6 in a row? Fortunately, Adam Jones had other ideas. He hit a triple into right field. Chris Davis sac flied him in. And then David Lough comes up (he had been a defensive replacement). I said to my self, "this will be an out and this game will go onto the 17th." Again, David Lough had other ideas. He blasted a pitch into the left field seats. Walk off HR!! David Lough, of all people??!!! I guess I have to eat a bit of crow, after posting that David Lough needs to be DFAed. I'm still not sure about Lough, but I'm happy that he won the game for us. :rofl:

Pretty sure he crushed the ball into the flag court in RF. You may have had too many adult beverages tonight! ;)

I watched through 7 innings on mlb.tv and by then it was three in the morning over here, but I felt pretty good going to bed with a 3-2 lead. I got up this morning and resumed it from the top of the 8th, and watched in abject horror as they handed it away and looked set to make it 6 straight. Oh, thank you AJ, CD and Lough for righting things, making the sun shine just a little brighter and putting a little extra spring in my step for the rest of the day.

• Upvote 1

I am glad for the O's fans at the game who were sitting there a half hour ago, watching their team lose and uncertain when they could leave the stadium. Now they've been cleared to head out and hopefully have a safe trip home with a win to enjoy.

I was one of those fans, and it was definitely worth staying to see the obnoxious, drunken Red Sox fans 3 rows down from us get some warm crow shoved down their throats. Just about blew my vocal chords when Lough hit the bomb, and my throat is still a little sore, but it was totally worth it.

Hope that was enough of a momentum swing to get the boys going again :)

I was one of those fans, and it was definitely worth staying to see the obnoxious, drunken Red Sox fans 3 rows down from us get some warm crow shoved down their throats. Just about blew my vocal chords when Lough hit the bomb, and my throat is still a little sore, but it was totally worth it.

Hope that was enough of a momentum swing to get the boys going again. :)

Thank goodness that the Orioles players, manager, and coaches believe in themselves more than we fans believe in them.

When Xander Bogaerts hit the solo home run in the top of the 10th inning to give the Red Sox the lead, I thought that we were toast (You suck, O.F.F.N.Y.)

When Adam Jones led the bottom half of the inning off with a triple, I knew we were going to win, though (I knew that we would plate the tying run, one way or another. And I was confidant that after we tied the game and got that huge amount of pressure off of our backs, we would win. If not in the 10th inning like we did, then in the 11th, the 12, or the 13th.)

I made an ass out of myself on the thread, I admit it. But I was so furious with how poorly we played in that ninth inning, beginning with the walk to

Pedroia that I was out of my head. We REALLY need the vets to get healthy and come back soon; especially Hardy and Schoop. Navarro was especially shaky in every aspect of the game.That play behind second base was, while not routine, a makable play. Schoop makes it. Hardy too. This team is destroying itself with poor defense, but last night we got bailed out by the Red Sox poor defense and Koji's meatball.

I just hope this lifts us up today with Norris.

Im not so sure it will or can.

And it was our hero Britton that put you through that!

Thank goodness that the Orioles players, manager, and coaches believe in themselves more than we fans believe in them.

When Xander Bogaerts hit the solo home run in the top of the 10th inning to give the Red Sox the lead, I thought that we were toast (You suck, O.F.F.N.Y.)

When Adam Jones led the bottom half of the inning off with a triple, I knew we were going to win, though (I knew that we would plate the tying run, one way or another. And I was confidant that after we tied the game and got that huge amount of pressure off of our backs, we would win. If not in the 10th inning like we did, then in the 11th, the 12, or the 13th.)

It was kind of funny- I kept telling my buddy as we were blowing it in the top of the 9th that Zach just wanted to give the fans an exciting finish. And while it may have been a little too exciting for some folks(myself included), my tongue-in-cheek prognostication turned out to be correct ;)

I made an ass out of myself on the thread, I admit it. But I was so furious with how poorly we played in that ninth inning, beginning with the walk to

Pedroia that I was out of my head. We REALLY need the vets to get healthy and come back soon; especially Hardy and Schoop. Navarro was especially shaky in every aspect of the game.That play behind second base was, while not routine, a makeable play. Schoop makes it. Hardy too. This team is destroying itself with poor defense, but last night we got bailed out by the Red Sox poor defense and Koji's meatball.

I just hope this lifts us up today with Norris.

Im not so sure it will or can.

Roy, you may get excited or down during the game threads, but I respect that you come back to reality after the fact!

This is a good team. They have issues, but I expect them to be in the hunt at least through the final weeks of the season.

Just remember that if the count is 3-2, Koji doesn't walk guys. You can watch it, or you can hit it out of the park. It won't be the split.

Agree that he will throw a strike, but I think that pitch may have been the splitter. Wasn't it off speed? Hard to tell with Koji's "velocity."