Lord I needed that

Frobby

We're tied with them. Hopefully today begins a long and bitter summer for them and their fans.

I'm not a hockey fan so I'm no expert, but the BJ fans remind me a little of NHL fans. To them, any pitch taken by the visitors is a strike, and any movement of the bat constitutes a swing. If one of their guys doesn't swing, it must be a ball. They'll boo a bad play by a BJ, then cheer the same guy five minutes later. It really gets tiresome by the third game of a series.

We're tied with them. Hopefully today begins a long and bitter summer for them and their fans.

I'm not a hockey fan so I'm no expert, but the BJ fans remind me a little of NHL fans. To them, any pitch taken by the visitors is a strike, and any movement of the bat constitutes a swing. If one of their guys doesn't swing, it must be a ball. They'll boo a bad play by a BJ, then cheer the same guy five minutes later. It really gets tiresome by the third game of a series.

I hate playing games there. Thankfully, I think we've got only one more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play hockey so don't let blue jays fans confuse you on hockey :)

Toronto is just an insufferable market. The maple laughs set the gold standard up there and the blow jays and mini dinosaurs follow that entitled, loser market culture!

We were so close to a sweep. Hell if I'm the Jays I'm thinking the same thing.

And close to winning the Phillie game we lost.

Yankees game we lost wasn't so terrible either. We play to win. I know it appears the bats go to sleep but the team is all fight & heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were so close to a sweep. Hell if I'm the Jays I'm thinking the same thing.

And close to winning the Phillie game we lost.

If this team gets starting pitching, the only comparable teams IMO are in state of Missouri.

Royals, cards and orioles can be 3 most complete juggernaut teams. Ironic considering orioles St. Louis browns history.

Nats are too streaky on offense. Sometimes all Harper and nothing else. Dodgers are too flawed still IMO. Giants can't be this up can they?!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lord, Lord, I needed that. I was watching the beginning of the game. There was All-Star David Price. Against slumping Chris Tillman. I thought to myself, "this will be bad." Well, it was bad, bad, bad. For the Tigers, that is. Tilly was lights-out tonight. So was Price, but not so much, as he allowed a HR by Manny. This was the best game by Tilly by far this year. I'm sure that he had been working hard with Wallace to get such command, not only of his fastball, but of his breaking pitches as well. Congratulations to Chris Tillman! :thumbsup1::clap:

The "what have you done for me lately" mentality is pretty common around the Hangout.

Welcome to being in a playoff race and near the trade deadline. The last two games were awesome. I'm sure the team needed that just as much as us. Off day. Then big series at the MFY's. At least TB lost and Minn is already down 7-0. Picking up a game on those teams.