Newbie here, have a question...

orangegirl74

Hello everyone! I'm from Indiana and have been an O's fan since I was 10. Came close a few times but have never got to see them play at all, I want to see them at Camden yards,been waiting literally 30yrs for this! We're planning a trip there in June when they play the Yankees. Can I get any advice on what the best seats would be (I know what I want but I know they won't be available.lol) or any suggestions in Baltimore as far as great local restaurants and other attractions maybe? Anything would help greatly.. I'm beyond ecstatic at this point and it's actually a dream come true! Thank you so very much I always tell everyone here (a lot of Cards fans,but I don't dislike the team) that I may be here but my heart is at Camden yards.. If this sounds crazy I'm sorry, I've waited a long time for this!!

Congratulations on your upcoming trip. It seems to me that new posters ask these questions a lot, and we should have a special forum they can go to for information about tickets, restaurants, places to visit, hotels, etc. Meanwhile, here are a couple of threads where similar questions were asked:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144217-Flying-in-for-Game-1-and-2-Seating-Resturants?highlight=restaurants

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/140406-Cards-Baltimore-in-August-What-Should-I-Know-about-Camden-Baltimore-etc?highlight=restaurants

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/142053-My-Trip-To-The-Yards?highlight=restaurants

Made my first trip ever to Baltimore for the first playoff game vs. Detroit. I cannot tell you how much I loved it. We stayed at one of the hotels right on the harbour (maybe Fairfield) and walked back and forth to the stadium. You must go early and take the stadium tour. I found it SO informative. Don't worry about where to eat. You just walk along there and find lots of great places. Anyone want to sponsor a trip back for me-I fear it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Made my first trip ever to Baltimore for the first playoff game vs. Detroit. I cannot tell you how much I loved it. We stayed at one of the hotels right on the harbour (maybe Fairfield) and walked back and forth to the stadium. You must go early and take the stadium tour. I found it SO informative. Don't worry about where to eat. You just walk along there and find lots of great places. Anyone want to sponsor a trip back for me-I fear it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

OK, I can't sponsor your trip but I will house-swap with you for a week...and then you'll only be a 35 min. commute from OPACY. Of course, I would miss the MASN broadcasts for that week, but I would probably find SOMETHING to do where you live. :P

OK, I can't sponsor your trip but I will house-swap with you for a week...and then you'll only be a 35 min. commute from OPACY. Of course, I would miss the MASN broadcasts for that week, but I would probably find SOMETHING to do where you live. :P

If I ever get to come to Baltimore again, you can live in my house in the Bahamas while I'm there. I'm one lot in from the beach on a tiny island (2.5 miles long with only 350 people on it).

community-statistical-areas-466x402.png

This image is a bit small but it shows the neighborhoods in Baltimore. Camden Yards is just a bit west of the inner harbor area.

There's obviously lots to see in the inner harbor: the aquarium or science center, various shops. I'd encourage you not to eat at one of the big retail restaurants there, you'll find much nicer restaurants in the surrounding neighborhoods.

Federal Hill is on the southern side of the inner harbor, there are various bars and restaurants - it tends to be a younger crowd. Fort McHenry is up there, as well as the American Visionary Art Museum.

Fells Point is on the eastern side of the harbor, the waterfront is very nice and there are lots of places to drink and eat. Patterson Park is just a bit north/east and it can be a nice place for a walk on a warm day.

Inexpensive places to eat in Fells: Tortilleria Sinaloa (mainly a lunch / early dinner - closes at 7pm. I sometimes buy tacos / guac on the way to a game and bring them in), Water for Chocolate, nice brunch / lunch place on Lombard st hopefully will be reopened this month after a fire. I like Cabanitas, a small peruvian roasted chicken place on Lombard and Ann st I believe. For sushi I like Nanami, on the Ann st wharf. Several bars on the waterfront there (Thames st) have excellent food: Koopers for burgers. There's also a Stuggys (hot dogs with lots of stuff on them, no longer at the stadium) on Broadway. More expensive places like Salt, Waterfront Kitchen, Thames St Oyster House are all excellent. Reasonably priced crabs you could go to Capt James crabhouse on Aliceanna st.

On the way to/from Fells you can pass through Little Italy which also has excellent restaurants, or Harbor East - which is in the more expensive range.

Other museums like the Walters Art Gallery or the Baltimore Museum of Art are just a brief cab/uber, uber would likely cost less than $10 from most of the hotels.

Guest rochester
Hello everyone! I'm from Indiana and have been an O's fan since I was 10. Came close a few times but have never got to see them play at all, I want to see them at Camden yards,been waiting literally 30yrs for this! We're planning a trip there in June when they play the Yankees. Can I get any advice on what the best seats would be (I know what I want but I know they won't be available.lol) or any suggestions in Baltimore as far as great local restaurants and other attractions maybe? Anything would help greatly.. I'm beyond ecstatic at this point and it's actually a dream come true! Thank you so very much�� I always tell everyone here (a lot of Cards fans,but I don't dislike the team) that I may be here but my heart is at Camden yards.. If this sounds crazy I'm sorry, I've waited a long time for this!!

Welcome!

There is no doubt in my mind that you will get the best recommendations from the OH. May wish to also find out who will be at the game when you know which one - I am sure one of these great folks would meet up with you to at least say hi.

Welcome!

There is no doubt in my mind that you will get the best recommendations from the OH. May wish to also find out who will be at the game when you know which one - I am sure one of these great folks would meet up with you to at least say hi.

I agree. I didn't do it at Baltimore, but when I went to Spring Training, I met up with Bolting Bob and really enjoyed the conversation at the game.

Hello everyone! I'm from Indiana and have been an O's fan since I was 10. Came close a few times but have never got to see them play at all, I want to see them at Camden yards,been waiting literally 30yrs for this! We're planning a trip there in June when they play the Yankees. Can I get any advice on what the best seats would be (I know what I want but I know they won't be available.lol) or any suggestions in Baltimore as far as great local restaurants and other attractions maybe? Anything would help greatly.. I'm beyond ecstatic at this point and it's actually a dream come true! Thank you so very much�� I always tell everyone here (a lot of Cards fans,but I don't dislike the team) that I may be here but my heart is at Camden yards.. If this sounds crazy I'm sorry, I've waited a long time for this!!

Hello and welcome. :)

Where to begin with suggestions? :laughlol: My wife and I just got back to Tennessee this afternoon from a week and a half long trip to Maryland (she's from Indiana too and is now an avid O's fan). With the unfortunate timing of events we didn't get to see the games we planned to, but I grew up there and we got to see lots of friends and family, so all's good.

First suggestion, everything will be cheaper lodging-wise if you don't mind staying outside of the city and driving a little. I usually stay on the eastern shore of Maryland (but that's because most of our friends are there) and often you can get a hotel pretty cheap... this last trip, we stayed 10 nights in Denton for less than $600. You might be able to get a comparable rate on the west side of the bridge, but it'll be tricky to find a decent hotel in that range. From where we stay, it's a little less than an hour's drive to the light rail, and we take that right to OPACY (it's definitely a good idea to take the light rail in if you don't stay in the city and are just going to the game, because you avoid all the city driving and parking headaches. :) ).

Second suggestion, if you have time, check out the water while you're here. My wife (being from landlocked Indiana!) was stunned the first time she saw everything. We have the Chesapeake Bay, lots of large rivers, the beach and ocean. The beach is really nice in June, it's usually about ten degrees cooler near the water.

Finally, seats... there aren't too many bad seats in OPACY. Even in the nosebleeds you can see most of the action fairly well.

My least favorites are those under the deck, as you can get an obstructed view of fly balls (I think they are labelled the Terrace Box seats). My favorite seats so far are those right behind the left field wall (sections 74 - 86, I like to get row 1 seats there) and the Field Box seats down the first and third base lines. We usually use a third party ticket site (like Vivid Seats or Stub Hub) because you can get tickets less expensively than buying them at face value directly from the team. Here is the seating chart for OPACY: http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/seating.jsp .

Apologies for writing you a book, but hopefully you'll find it helpful. Hope you have lots of fun on your trip.

Thank you everyone for the advice! Will look into all the options, as far as house swapping never done that before, I have a house in the country with a lake and lots of woods,plenty to do!(: will let ya know what when we get a better plan. Love the forum, so glad I found it.....

Thank you everyone for the advice! Will look into all the options, as far as house swapping never done that before, I have a house in the country with a lake and lots of woods,plenty to do!(: will let ya know what when we get a better plan. Love the forum, so glad I found it.....

Check your private messages. :)

Archived