Is it safe to say that Chen and Norris won't be a Oriole in 2016?

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know about you but I feel like it is safe to say that Chen and Norris won't be a Oriole next year. Is this safe to say? Both guys will probably be offered 30+ million dollar contracts and we all know the Orioles won't offer that kind of money. Thoughts?
I"ve read and heard that O's mangement may take a run at re-signing Chen. If Wei-Yin does as good as he did Saturday for most of the rest of the season, they really need to consider taking a run at him. Norris, it's bye-bye, au revoir, sayonara, hasta la vista.

Depends on how he looks the rest of the year.

Unless he's injured I don't see him getting less than half of what he's already making. You and I don't like him but he could be somewhat useful in the right situation. I suppose. And based on past performance alone one mediocre or bad year will not discount all his prior mediocrity.

Although, it should.

Unless he's injured I don't see him getting less than half of what he's already making. You and I don't like him but he could be somewhat useful in the right situation. I suppose. And based on past performance alone one mediocre or bad year will not discount all his prior mediocrity.

Although, it should.

I think it is certainly possible that he finds his slider and is ~ league average the rest of the way.

My 1/4 was a bit of playful exaggeration and based off the idea that he is amongst the worst pitchers in the league all season.

I don't know about you but I feel like it is safe to say that Chen and Norris won't be a Oriole next year. Is this safe to say? Both guys will probably be offered 30+ million dollar contracts and we all know the Orioles won't offer that kind of money. Thoughts?

Why don't they trade them both now? The O's ain't winning nothing this year.

I"ve read and heard that O's mangement may take a run at re-signing Chen. If Wei-Yin does as good as he did Saturday for most of the rest of the season, they really need to consider taking a run at him. Norris, it's bye-bye, au revoir, sayonara, hasta la vista.

Where did you read and hear it? I'd be shocked if it was for real.

Uh NO. We have to have someone in our farm system that can replace Davis.

And I think We lose all of the following players:

Norris

Chen

Davis

Weiters

I assume also O'Day and Hunter and De Aza and Delmon.

Uh NO. We have to have someone in our farm system that can replace Davis.

And I think We lose all of the following players:

Norris

Chen

Davis

Weiters

First off I would debate that point.

Secondly what does that have to do with the O's giving him a qualifying offer?

Archived