vs. MARLINS, 5/23

OFFNY

HD 1280p on 52in TV.

Plasma or LCD? You know they refresh at different rates LOL. Does Fox even televise in 1280 p? Isnt the highest they go is 1080p? The higher defs are reserved for blu ray?

Its not getting over turned. Its just not.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis is batting .119 with 24 K's in his last 66 PAs. The Orioles have to do something at some point. Can't keep running him out there every day in this lineup while "producing" like that.

Do you think Buck will bench him Tony?

I am responding to somebody who was saying it should have been Britton in the 13th instead of TJ. Buck is not bringing in Britton unless we have the lead.
Bring him in with 2 outs and first and third. I know Buck would never do that but it doesn't mean he shouldn't.

Davis is batting .119 with 24 K's in his last 66 PAs. The Orioles have to do something at some point. Can't keep running him out there every day in this lineup while "producing" like that.

Locked in in 2013, locked out in 2015.

Chris Parmelee...get rid of Lough or DeAza and give Parmelee some 1st base opportunities and he can then back up in OF when Davis improves. Or Davis can go to OF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you think Buck will bench him Tony?

I think he would if he had a better option, but with Pearce hitting like the DFA Pearce and not last year's Pearce (eh, wait, he was both last year lol), he doesn't have many current options. I think Buck knows he needs Davis to produce this year if he has any hopes of the Orioles making a run, but I just don't see a guy who can stay consistent. I'll have to run the numbers, but his OPS may be under .500 in his last 16 games after tonight's 0-for-6. These slumps really are brutal to watch and with the rest of the team cooling off, this offense can be downright painful to watch at times.

Chris Parmelee...get rid of Lough or DeAza and give Parmelee some 1st base opportunities and he can then back up in OF when Davis improves. Or Davis can go to OF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe. At some point the Orioles may want to see what Parmelee can do, though he strikes out quite often as well and doesn't give you the power potential that Davis gives you.

Davis has looked like this since spring training. There have been a few at bats here and there where he went the other way on something relatively nasty and crushed it just like old times,but I think that was just by accident.

On May 5th, Davis' slash line was .274/.344/.548/.891. He's just been in a miserable slump since then.

I think he would if he had a better option, but with Pearce hitting like the DFA Pearce and not last year's Pearce (eh, wait, he was both last year lol), he doesn't have many current options. I think Buck knows he needs Davis to produce this year if he has any hopes of the Orioles making a run, but I just don't see a guy who can stay consistent. I'll have to run the numbers, but his OPS may be under .500 in his last 16 games after tonight's 0-for-6. These slumps really are brutal to watch and with the rest of the team cooling off, this offense can be downright painful to watch at times.

Can we will the division with the offense? I don't see it.

A few days ago, you said that you didn't hate the Yankees because Mickey Mantle was from Oklahoma.

Now, it's nice for you to see the Marlins have some fun, even though it's at the Orioles' expense.

You must be a very casual Oriole fan.

Not really. My wife and I have season tickets. And we watch every game on TV. I hate losing. But I am old enough to realize that this is just a game.

Archived