vs. MARLINS, 5/23

OFFNY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the Marlins were extremely happy. And as I am a good sport it was nice to see them have some fun

Good for them but tomorrow we are going to crush them!

A few days ago, you said that you didn't hate the Yankees because Mickey Mantle was from Oklahoma.

Now, it's nice for you to see the Marlins have some fun, even though it's at the Orioles' expense.

You must be a very casual Oriole fan.

Not really. My wife and I have season tickets. And we watch every game on TV. I hate losing. But I am old enough to realize that this is just a game.

Hating the Yankees and not being happy for a team that just beat your favorite does not mean that you aren't old enough to realize that it's only a game.

If it did, almost everyone on this board would have a lot of growing up to do ...... and I don't believe that to be the case.

Hating the Yankees and not being happy for a team that just beat your favorite does not mean that you aren't old enough to realize that it's only a game.

If it did, almost everyone on this board would have a lot of growing up to do ...... and I don't believe that to be the case.

No problem. We will just have to agree to disagree. I am bummed about losing - esp since we could have gained a game in the division.

But it is nice to see 2 teams compete to their upmost ability in a clean sportsmanship game. That is all I was trying to say

It's not just a game.

Actually, OFFNY might be correct in a sense. I grew up a Sooner Football fan. I am unconsolable after a loss by them. I stopped watching baseball when they went on strike. Didn't pick it back up until 2011. So baseball is not my first love but the Orioles are the only team I follow in MLB

I believe that it is just a game, Art.

But I also believe that there is room for having strong, passionate emotions, such as joy, hate, anger, etc. for teams and or players that play these games on the field.

So, if you live and die (proverbially) with your favorite sports teams, it doesn't make you a child ...... it makes you an adult with enough child in him/her to love the game(s) as much as you did when you were a boy or a girl.

That is actually something similar to what Pete Rose said about baseball. You have to be a man to platy this sport but also have a little child in you to enjoy it.

or something to that affect

No problem. We will just have to agree to disagree. I am bummed about losing - esp since we could have gained a game in the division.

But it is nice to see 2 teams compete to their upmost ability in a clean sportsmanship game. That is all I was trying to say

OK, and I apologize for calling your fandom "casual."

I'm generally oversensitive in the first place, and I was particularly a little edgy because of the nature of the loss that the Orioles just suffered.

Even though I am 49 years-old, I DO INDEED still have some growing up to do ...... it's not because I hate the Yankees or because I'm not happy about an opposing team celebrating after they beat my team. ;)

Archived