July 1 Rotation

Angry Naked Buck

How does this look to everyone? Does Buck have the stones to do this?

Ubaldo

Gonzalez

Chen

Wright

Gausman

If Wright or Gausman struggle you just throw Tillman back in

Barring another injury, the rotation by then will be as it was on opening day. Buck is not the type of manager that would replace Tillman that quickly. He has also stated that Norris will be back in the rotation soon.

Tillman is around for another couple of years and he was the established staff ace coming into this season. Barring a genuine injury, Buck is going to give him an extremely long leash, probably all season even if he continues to struggle.

On the other hand, Norris is not in the organization's long term plans. I think he's a trade candidate regardless of whether he starts pitching better or not (since it's unlikely he'll improve to the point that the O's want to give him a qualifying offer). If he's not traded then I think he will have a relatively short leash.

Be proactive and trade Chen for an OF'er. You can sell and buy. Tillman and Norris are going to start the rest of the year barring the DL. Buck isn't going to be loyal to them. So either way our fate is tied to them. Just go with Ubaldo, Gonzo, Tillman, Wright and Norris. Then you still have Gausman if Norris or Tillman don't come around. Get an OF'er that has more than 1 year left on his deal.

How does this look to everyone? Does Buck have the stones to do this?

Ubaldo

Gonzalez

Chen

Wright

Gausman

If Wright or Gausman struggle you just throw Tillman back in

For a moment I thought this was an edict. Whew....If only the world were made of rainbows and unicorns. It's exactly how I wish it was going but I suspect something else will happen....

Tillman is around for another couple of years and he was the established staff ace coming into this season. Barring a genuine injury, Buck is going to give him an extremely long leash, probably all season even if he continues to struggle.

On the other hand, Norris is not in the organization's long term plans. I think he's a trade candidate regardless of whether he starts pitching better or not (since it's unlikely he'll improve to the point that the O's want to give him a qualifying offer). If he's not traded then I think he will have a relatively short leash.

....more like this.

I think you nailed it Three Run Homer

Archived