vs. Yankees - Flag Day

scOtt

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do realize that Wilson and Matusz just pitched the 5th-8th innings just like I advocated, right?

If Wilson starts the 5th like you advocated then when does Matusz pitch? You are asking him to go through 12 batters? Buck wanted Matusz for Jones through Headley. Once again I don't think Wilson is just here for today. He will be needed. If Matusz gets through the 7th, then we never see Wilson and we still have him as a long man. Buck wanted to avoid doing what he did today.

The rain in Mt Airy gets the worst and thats when Direct TV comes back on

Does that make any sense?

The dish is now shooting through the backside of the storm and not the whole storm. So, it is know able to pick the signal.

So, I'm going to say this and let it go. Matusz and Wilson just bridged us through the 8th inning without giving up a run. The only runs that scored in the last 4 innings were the three walks from Wright. Matusz isn't good, but nobody can be expected to come in bases loaded, nobody out and not give up something. I simply say again that it wasn't difficult to bridge to Britton in the 9th using just Wilson and Matusz and still win the game. Buck made an error IMO. I'm still glad he is our manager.

Hell, maybe Wilson should have started this game.

Archived