Loewen's First Inning

OsandBohs11

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is he's going on the DL to start the season and that will push us to grab Marquis in the Roberts deal.

Burres will be the 5th starter and Albers will be sent to AAA because he has an option. Bierd becomes the long reliever.

Not concerned about the walks. His numbers regarding walks and Ks improved as he rose throught he minors. It would be a poor analysis to simply look at his total IP and total BBs and start drawing conclusions.

I'm sorry, but you're just ignoring the obvious evidence that Loewen hasn't regained a passable level of command this spring after taking most of last year off. I wish that weren't the case, but it is. I'm very discouraged by how he has performed this spring. His walks totals are unacceptable and they are just one facet of what has been an extremely rocky spring for him.

My guess is he's going on the DL to start the season and that will push us to grab Marquis in the Roberts deal.

Burres will be the 5th starter and Albers will be sent to AAA because he has an option. Bierd becomes the long reliever.

What about Gallagher?

IF Loewen has a good season (either this year or the next), I think it might be wise to sell high. Much like we did with Bedard.

Loewen is going to have to have multiple good seasons though, like Bedard. This was the reasoning behind why Guthrie couldnt be traded for a big haul.

Regarding Loewen, I think he will probably start the year on the DL. Maybe we will see Penn earlier than expected.

Archived