Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamels blocked a trade to Houston. I don't understand why; the Stros are in first, the rangers are 8 games back in the division and 4 for the wild card. I don't know anything about Texas; is Arlington (TX) a much more desirable place to live than Houston? If I was an athlete I would want to play for a title year in year out if given a choice.

All teams would be wise to do this. Another profit center for the Angelos family.

It seems as though the O's doctors were quite smart on Balfour.

Also, watching MLBN right now. It's weird when Harold Reynolds is the voice of reason about something (re: why noone will say why the Mets/Brewers deal fell apart).

Hamels blocked a trade to Houston. I don't understand why; the Stros are in first' date=' the rangers are 8 games back in the division and 4 for the wild card. I don't know anything about Texas; is Arlington (TX) a much more desirable place to live than Houston? If I was an athlete I would want to play for a title year in year out if given a choice.[/quote']

It was about long term. Rangers have guys to win next year. Darvish will be back. Next year Rangers win west by at least 5 games.

I saw Thompson earlier this month and he was unhittable. Monster.

Alfaro has been injured since early June and was still only passed by Mazara and Williams having incredibly strong years young kids in Double-A and the Rangers top draft pick.

Eickhoff developing power arm.

All of these guys are close to big league ready. It's a huge, huge haul.

Thanks for your expert opinion. See folks this is why we shouldn't take rankings as the holy grail.

It was about long term. Rangers have guys to win next year. Darvish will be back. Next year Rangers win west by at least 5 games.

Astros will keep adding talent from minors. Unlikely they are flash in the pan. Pretty sure same thing was said about Rangers this time last year. See how that played out.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Hamels blocked a trade to Houston. I don't understand why; the Stros are in first' date=' the rangers are 8 games back in the division and 4 for the wild card. I don't know anything about Texas; is Arlington (TX) a much more desirable place to live than Houston? If I was an athlete I would want to play for a title year in year out if given a choice.[/quote']

I wasn't a big fan of Houston when I visited there. Though I doubt I'd like Arlington much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't it. I know it's NY and all but the reporters were getting a little loose with their language.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not sure if this is out there but The Record hears it was on the Brewers end that this deal fell through, not the Mets.</p>— Matt Ehalt (@MattEhalt) <a href="

">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Astros will keep adding talent from minors. Unlikely they are flash in the pan. Pretty sure same thing was said about Rangers this time last year. See how that played out.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Not really. Rangers year was over when Darvish went down. Gallo and Ordor putting their legs under them. Hamels and Darvish is hard to beat. Only Dodgers can and Dodgers may not next year. Rangers have the best 1/2 in the AL.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not sure if this is out there but The Record hears it was on the Brewers end that this deal fell through, not the Mets.</p>— Matt Ehalt (@MattEhalt) <a href="
">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Flores is just a giant ball of emotion.

Archived