OFFNY

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gameday hyperbole, Doc. 2011 we were 24 below .500 and that was after Showalter rescued the team going 11 over .500 in his short season.

Probably right. Just frustrating to watch such lousy baseball. But, of course, this season isn't done yet. I could see us finishing a lot below .500.

Do you think this offense could have used Markakis' OBP and Cruz's SLG?

I say the 2015 season is the baseball gods' retribution for the incredible arrogance of the Orioles FO in letting the lifetime O Markakis and the best power hitter in MLB in 2014 Cruz go. Sometimes the game is simple, that even "dumb" ordinary fans can understand it. They called it in the offseason, were patronized by the "sophisticated" fans, and that's how it turned out. Well deserved.

Well, there was a shallow bath of us who pointed out at the time that letting Nick, Nelson and Andrew go without really making any effort to replace them was akin to ripping the heart out of this team and replacing it with a sump pump. That it's been proven true doesn't make me any happier with the (predictable) result...

No, logic says rays and braves series matter. Crap the bed you got two days to sell.

I just don't see it. First time all year we blow a game late and it is vs a weak hitting team. Bloop hit that inning noting going our way.

I hate to see us lose, but in a way this might be a good thing. I think selling makes more sense than hoping it turns around at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NEVER give.......

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I hate to see us lose, but in a way this might be a good thing. I think selling makes more sense than hoping it turns around at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably right, tonight's loss is really painful. So many little things would have changed things.

No, logic says rays and braves series matter. Crap the bed you got two days to sell.

Uh...they have been crapping the bed since after the All-Star break.

Horrible plate discipline. Horrible BB/K ratio. And then to lose on a 2 hitter going into the 8th? Not looking good.

Archived