Yanks vs Jays This Month -- Who to Root For?

FanSince88

Yanks/Jays Matchup Preferred Outcome from an O's fan perspective  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Yanks/Jays Matchup Preferred Outcome from an O's fan perspective

• Yanks Win All 6
    • Jays Win All Six
    • 3-3

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Massive sinkhole is another option. At least with that you can explain that death isn't inevitable, only an extended entrapment in some kind of nether-world.

A massive sinkhole would be great especially if it collapsed slowly outward from around 2B while everyone was singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". Who knows, that bizarre turf in Toronto might be enough to keep the stadium together much longer than its compliment in New York. Gotta factor that in.

Many would maintain that both New Yankee Stadium and Rogers Center are already nether-worlds.

A massive sinkhole would be great especially if it collapsed slowly outward from around 2B while everyone was singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". Who knows, that bizarre turf in Toronto might be enough to keep the stadium together much longer than its compliment in New York. Gotta factor that in.

I love it. That could be in a movie. To bad Fellini never made a baseball movie.

Many would maintain that both New Yankee Stadium and Rogers Center are already nether-worlds.

Agree about Yankee Stadium, but I have a strange fascination with SkyDome. Don't hate.

Glad to see the Jays fighting with another team.

Dickey on Royals: "When they come onto the playground & there's a kid that's bigger than they are for a day ... it probably pisses them off"

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/02/jose-bautista-says-he-lost-a-lot-of-respect-for-ned-yost-today/

Dickey is officially an idiot.

I hate the Royals as much as the next guy, but how are the Blue Jays "bigger" than the Royals? The Royals played in Game 7 of the World Series last year and are cruising to a division title. The Blue Jays are arguably the most poorly run franchise in baseball and just desperately sold out their farm system for the hope of a 1 game playoff, because they haven't been to the playoffs in almost a quarter century,and their GM will be canned if they don't make it.

I hate the Royals as much as the next guy, but how are the Blue Jays "bigger" than the Royals? The Royals played in Game 7 of the World Series last year and are cruising to a division title. The Blue Jays are arguably the most poorly run franchise in baseball and just desperately sold out their farm system for the hope of a 1 game playoff, because they haven't been to the playoffs in almost a quarter century,and their GM will be canned if they don't make it.

This is exactly what I can't stand lol. The lesser of 2 evils is the royals. If that in fact is a matchup in October I hope kc sweeps those amateurs

“We’ll meet again later and if you do that with me, you’ll see what I’m about. I don’t care about anybody. I used to respect you, but you’re a nobody. … You got lucky this time, but MLB doesn’t get canceled after this season. Keep running your mouth. … You need to stop giving signs. You’re gonna get it from me for being fresh and you really are a nobody.”

100 (90) mile an hour baby...It's the speed I drive.

?We?ll meet again later and if you do that with me, you?ll see what I?m about. I don?t care about anybody. I used to respect you, but you?re a nobody. ? You got lucky this time, but MLB doesn?t get canceled after this season. Keep running your mouth. ? You need to stop giving signs. You?re gonna get it from me for being fresh and you really are a nobody.?

Ventura tweets?

What's a Skydome.

There is no Skydome, only Rodgers Center.

It's Rogers Centre. They're foreign, eh?

I can't root for the NYY and won't. But I've watched the BJs for 15-20 innings over the weekend and today, and they are frightening. Maybe not so much when they go on the road.

Never' date=' NEVER, never root for the Yankees.[/quote']

I have grown to hate the Blue Jays players WAY more than the Yankees.

But in this case, we need the Yanks to come back to earth, so I have to root for the little blue birds.

I have grown to hate the Blue Jays players WAY more than the Yankees.

But in this case, we need the Yanks to come back to earth, so I have to root for the little blue birds.

I agree with your first sentence, but my desire for the Blue Jays to feel pain far outweighs any sort of rational thought process.

Just want to see who you're going to root for in the 6 games the Jays and Yanks are going to play with each other this month.

Would you rather see a 3-3 split, see the Yanks win em all to set the Jays back in the WC chase, or see the Jays sweep the Yanks to bring them down to our level in the division.

Of course, the O's have to win no matter what.

I'd still like to take the division so I'm going to go out on a limb and hope for the Jays to sweep all six. If that happens the O's had better darn well keep pace, though. The Yanks sweeping all six is the "safer" outcome for the O's fan if only that it will be a major blow to a divisional WC rival. But I want more than the WC this year if we're going to go all in.

I have yo hope it's the Jays.

Archived