What would you offer Heyward?

El Gordo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting player, coming into age 26 season. Good defense, OBP, modest power, good make up. Could make a good leadoff hitter/RF. 8/130 M?

If we pay him that much for that long I will be so mad. He is a good player but his power has never really showed up and his defense is good with a nice arm but he reminds me so much of Markakis. Both have above average arms, secent speed, and high OBP and good make up but Nick started to see his powere drop and slowly everything else did as well.

If we pay him that much for that long I will be so mad. He is a good player but his power has never really showed up and his defense is good with a nice arm but he reminds me so much of Markakis. Both have above average arms, secent speed, and high OBP and good make up but Nick started to see his powere drop and slowly everything else did as well.

His OBP isn't even that great it is good. I know WAR loves the guy but i just don't see anything that is a plus plus part in his game except his arm.

Yep, pretty much in that same boat. I'd rather sign Parra for 3/$30 and get a really good starting pitcher for 5/$100 (would Cueto take that contract?)

To answer the OP, probably not enough. I'd offer maybe 5 years, $75 mil.

2013-2015 rWAR

Heyward: 13.7

Markakis: 3.7

Yup, pretty close.

If I were a betting man I'd take that bet. Heyward is a year younger and is a solid ML player. Alvarez is in AAA waiting fore a cup of coffee.

Not to mention that Alvarez isn't tearing up AAA, has horrendous discipline, and his defense outside of his arm is in question by the organization.

Yeah, it's a crazy opinion.

Archived