Toronto in First

Uli2001

Blue Jays are in first place in August or later for the first time since 1993. I had forgotten that they had been so bad for so long.

The NYY lost their fifth straight, while scoring 1, 0, 0, 4 (in 16 inn), and 1 runs. That lineup suddenly does not look very intimidating. You can't beat father time.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jays were underachieving all year and now they added talent and they can smell blood. No way we can catch them. I hope the Yanks keep fading, we need all the help we can get but we need to wake up. I can't stand Toronto but they are a solid team. I would be sick to see them win it all.

The Jays were underachieving all year and now they added talent and they can smell blood. No way we can catch them. I hope the Yanks keep fading, we need all the help we can get but we need to wake up. I can't stand Toronto but they are a solid team. I would be sick to see them win it all.

Relax, Toronto is good but not as good as KC (or playoff-tested). The NYY will keep fading, in fact, the Blue Jays may finish the job this weekend at home.

Was really hoping the O's would be the team to bounce those old-timers from their perch. Oh, well. As much as I dislike Toronto, I'd prefer they take the East rather than those pinstriped f'ers.

The Blue Jays always feature some detestable characters but the NYY always has them beat in that department. For every Batista, there is a Texeira and an A-Rod.

Relax, Toronto is good but not as good as KC (or playoff-tested). The NYY will keep fading, in fact, the Blue Jays may finish the job this weekend at home.

I don't care for KC much either. Anything can happen in playoffs, Price is spotty in postseason.

Must be nice to have ownership and a FO that actually knows how to take the next step towards winning a WS.

DD wont be back next year imo.

You mean develop prospects that other teams actually want? And don't get hurt? And by the way, tamper with more than one other team in the league to mess with their off seasons?

**** Toronto. Beeston is going for it his last year and I hope he leaves salted earth in his wake.

The Blue Jays always feature some detestable characters but the NYY always has them beat in that department. For every Batista, there is a Texeira and an A-Rod.

Don't forget Boston. But Toronto is doing their best to catch up. :vader:

If the Orioles played in the NL West would I feel the same about San Francisco? I really don't think so.

Must be nice to have ownership and a FO that actually knows how to take the next step towards winning a WS.

DD wont be back next year imo.

It's a little early to declare that IMO.

That said, their offense has been ungodly all year and right now their rotation is hands down better than ours. They have an Ace in Price, Estrada and Buerhle have both been better than ANY Orioles starter this year. Yea our pen is better but by how much? Certainly not enough to make up the difference between the Jays offense and ours even if your being generous and calling the rotations a wash (not even close to being true any more IMO)

I hope I am wrong but I would not be shocked if they end up winning this division pretty easily.

o

The Yankees (whom the Blue Jays just surpassed) are 4-9 over their last 13 games.

The Yankees' offense has scored 9 runs over their last 71 innings.

Previous to that, their offense had scored 69 runs over 63 innings.

The Jays pen is actually much improved too.

Roberto Osuna - 49 G, 2.09 ERA (189 ERA+), 0.890 WHIP, 5.9 H/9!, 9.8 K/9 - only 20 years old and doing well at closer.

Liam Hendricks - 37 G, 2.47 ERA (160 ERA+), 0.887 WHIP, 1.1 BB/9, 9.5 K/9

Bo Schultz - 21 G, 2.25 ERA (176 ERA+), 0.844 WHIP, 5.3 H/9, 7.0 K/9

Mark Lowe - 38 G, 1.60 ERA (238 ERA+), 1.169 WHIP, 11.2 K/9 - mostly with Seattle

Brett Cecil - 41 G, 3.68 ERA (108 ERA+), 1.173 WHIP, 10.1 K/9 - the lefty, some hard luck this year

Right now, there is no real weakness on the team, anywhere. #5 starter maybe? Lefty bullpen arm?

Archived