vs. ATHLETICS, 8/17

OFFNY

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since moving to Oakland in 1968, the A's have lost only 19 of 48 season series to the O's. Although the O's were 11-0 against Oakland in 1978, they didn't play a 4 game series against them. IF the Orioles win tonight, this could be the only 4 game series sweep ever against them. No pressure.

Thanks a TON for that! Got two good spins on the drive back to Durham. A friend of mine was at that festival (as an attendee).

Btw, my Pigtown pal (Ed Butler) is one fabulous drummer. Cut his teeth in Baltimore, later NYC and now in RDU area.

BTW, I really enjoyed talking with Ed. Seems like one great dude.

First pitch isn't the problem for me. He swung at the first pitch the prior AB, but it was belt high, outside third. Line drive, right center, base hit. I want him to swing at that one.

It was the location that was the problem for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seems like the last 4-5 times he has swung first pitch in spots like that. I don't care if he swings at a first pitch either but good pitchers know that.

The thing Im encouraged by is that its the 6th inning and Gray probably has a 100 pitch limit.Maybe, if we are smart we can get him out of there by the 7th and get into that pen.

I expect Gray to last a little longer after yesterday's game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know when they make the cover

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fJu6Up9w2Hc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived