A potential storm brewing?

Babypowder

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a Rosenthal article again that started the conversation. But who knows. Maybe Ken is right. For once.

It harkens back to the article Roch wrote in the winter that talked about a "toxic" atmosphere in the warehouse during the DD/Toronto debacle. In my experience in organizations, "toxic" does not get better without somebody leaving at some point. And you just have to wonder about the Nick negotiations as to where Buck really stood (I know he did not say anything negative in public, but still Nick was a true favorite of his, I believe.) There will need to be some really big decisions this winter about the direction of the team and if they are not on the same page in any way, then it might be good for there to be a rearrangement with Buck taking over the operations part. Do you have a link to the Rosenthal article?

Why does Buck get a pass around here? I really don't like the way he has developed our young pitchers. His mishandling of Jake Arrieta is a large part of the reason why the pitching is in the state it is today. Chris Tillman was also a mess until DD arrived and hired Rick Peterson who was able to fix his mechanical issues. And let's not forget about the way DD and Buck have destroyed Gausman's development by jerking him around so much. Instead of being in a consistent environment in AAA to work on his breaking ball, they moved him up to put him in the bullpen than sent him back down again and then put him in the rotation then sent him back down again. And then Buck has the nerve to say "All the good ones should be able to succeed no matter what their situation is." Well, we had a good one in Jake Arrieta and he struggled here because your pitching coaches kept tinkering with his mechancics because of your insane obsession with time to the plate, Buck. Watch the same thing happen with Gausman. He'll go to a team like the Cardinals and turn his career around like Chris Carpenter did.

I'm not a big fan of DD and the Toronto debacle combined with a very poor winter did nothing to change my opinions. He was living off what Andy McPhail left. As for Buck, he knows all the right things to say and I'm glad he's ours. However, there's a reason he always seems to wear out his welcome. But, if one had to go it would be no question in my mind who it would be. Bye Dan.

Peter doesn't fire baseball managers. He just lets their contracts run out. So I don't expect any changes in management this off season. The Toronto position has been filled, so that is old news.

If you are going to blame someone for Arrieta it should be Connor and Adair. Buck got rid of both of them. That Wallace could not fix Tillman or Norris is the current problem. Also that Buck would rather die with an injured and burn out Gonzo then call up Chris Jones or start McFarland. It has not been a good year for a lot of Orioles.

Peter doesn't fire baseball managers. He just lets their contracts run out. So I don't expect any changes in management this off season. The Toronto position has been filled, so that is old news.

If you are going to blame someone for Arrieta it should be Connor and Adair. Buck got rid of both of them. That Wallace could not fix Tillman or Norris is the current problem. Also that Buck would rather die with an injured and burn out Gonzo then call up Chris Jones or start McFarland. It has not been a good year for a lot of Orioles.

Didn't he fire Tremblay and Mazilli?

I agree about Conner. He needs to go. I can't remember how many times I ask myself why isn't he going out to talk to the pitcher or what took so long. The overall developing of pitchers in the system leaves a lot of question marks. The fact that they all have the same issues (lack of command) has to raise eyebrows I would think.

I'm not a big fan of DD and the Toronto debacle combined with a very poor winter did nothing to change my opinions. He was living off what Andy McPhail left. As for Buck, he knows all the right things to say and I'm glad he's ours. However, there's a reason he always seems to wear out his welcome. But, if one had to go it would be no question in my mind who it would be. Bye Dan.
B I N G O

Dan gets another year because of the contract.

And he gets to prove that 2015 was the fluke, not 2014

Good point but Buck is in no danger and Peter does fire VPs of Baseball Ops.

I agree. I could see Buck turning into another Davey Johnson situation. As for Dan, Peter isn't someone you want to be on his bad side. I'm sure Peter wasnt/isn't happy with Dan and the Toronto issue. Toronto has filled their spot now. How desirable is a GM that took a runaway division winner one year and turned them into a team 1 game out of the basement? DD could very well be fired.

B I N G O

Dan gets another year because of the contract.

And he gets to prove that 2015 was the fluke, not 2014

I agree Dan gets another year. But I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't either. He has a lot to prove this offseason. Some of the moves he made this past offseason however, has me questioning his eye for talent.

Archived