Will Mora Be This Season's OH Tejada?

Old#5fan

I dunno, but they've been in the playoffs every single season which is a lot more than we can say.

Find me a team that's won it all lately with an OK offense.

The White Sox won with a team OPS+ of 94. The Marlins with a team OPS+ of 104 beat the MFY's with a team OPS+ of 115. The Cardinals won with a team OPS+ of 101.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To unpile on, the play he's supposedely horrible at, the charging the slow roller, he just nailed.

I am not sure which play you are talking about but he usually is fine on the slow rollers more on the shortstop side where he cuts in front of the SS between the pitcher's mound. It is the ones right down the third base line that he is lousy at.

At least he got a productive walk in the 8th inning that was big.

I am not sure which play you are talking about but he usually is fine on the slow rollers more on the shortstop side where he cuts in front of the SS between the pitcher's mound. It is the ones right down the third base line that he is lousy at.

Additionally, he started running during Markakis' at bat. Not sure if he did this on his own or if Trembley started him. But if he doesn't go, there are 2 outs and nobody on and the rally probably doesn't happen.

Actually, to be more specific it's the slow roller with the clock wise spin 23" to the left of the foul line, off a RH batter who takes afull swing. Other wise he does OK.:rolleyes:

Thank the lord it wasn't one of those unproductive walks that usually kill the team. I still weep quietly in my sleep dreaming of the unproductive walks that doomed us in '77.

Thank the lord it wasn't one of those unproductive walks that usually kill the team. I still weep quietly in my sleep dreaming of the unproductive walks that doomed us in '77.

Please, pray tell me how could a "unproductive walk" kill the team?:confused: By mere definition a "productive" anything, be it a walk, hit, out is a benefit because it produces at a minimum one run scored. :

You seem to have trouble distinguishing between a "non-productive" walk, hit, or out and a "productive" walk, hit, or out.

In terms that any ordinary baseball fan can understand, even a Little leaguer, a productive walk, hit, or out, leads to the team at a minimum producing a run. A non productive version of the same leads to nothing other than pretty much meaningless stats. (To me stats don't carry much weight if they don't involve scoring a run for my team).

I thought most posters here knew this but apparently I was wrong in my assumption.:confused:

Please, pray tell me how could a "unproductive walk" kill the team?:confused: By mere definition a "productive" anything, be it a walk, hit, out is a benefit because it produces at a minimum one run scored. :

You seem to have trouble distinguishing between a "non-productive" walk, hit, or out and a "productive" walk, hit, or out.

In terms that any ordinary baseball fan can understand, even a Little leaguer, a productive walk, hit, or out, leads to the team at a minimum producing a run. A non productive version of the same leads to nothing other than pretty much meaningless stats. (To me stats don't carry much weight if they don't involve scoring a run for my team).

I thought most posters here knew this but apparently I was wrong in my assumption.:confused:

I think I'm starting to know more than I want to about non-productive posts.

I think I'm starting to know more than I want to about non-productive posts.

Apparently we only know whether posts are productive in hindsight. Did it spark a multi-page debate? Did it receive rep? Did its thread receive 5 stars? Did someone quote it with "Excellent post, I agree"? If not, it was unproductive.

OK I'm not going to get into this so I only have one quick question.

Say Roberts leads of the game with a double and then steals 3rd on the first pitch. The next 3 hitters strike out stranding Brian at 3rd. Was his double and SB unproductive? I would have a hard time justifying this as unproductive as Roberts did everything in his power to help create a run. If nothing else, it is at the very least neutral.

OK I'm not going to get into this so I only have one quick question.

Say Roberts leads of the game with a double and then steals 3rd on the first pitch. The next 3 hitters strike out stranding Brian at 3rd. Was his double and SB unproductive? I would have a hard time justifying this as unproductive as Roberts did everything in his power to help create a run. If nothing else, it is at the very least neutral.

Sorry, but in my definition it was unproductive as it did not lead to at least a run being produced. Of course it wasn't Roberts fault and the view of this particular stat is not to place fault or blame but to view an action in terms of how it affected the scoring of runs in the game, which is ultimately the most important stat of all. His triple and steal padded his own stats only, unfortunately in this case and his teamates were terrible in that they couldn't even produce a productive out. I agree it was certainly not the fault of Roberts but this stat is viewed in its effect on the game. In the case of this particular triple and steal by Roberts it had no impact on the game as no run was scored from it.

Archived