Os Sign O'Day for 4 Years - It's official

Nevermore

I don't know whats going on, but my theory is he wouldn't say its 'NOT' a done deal if he were staying. I think people who put doubt into a situation are shaky with their 'reported' deal. If it were just a technicality, I don't think he'd go on Twitter to debunk it in any way.

Thats just my opinion though. Hope Im wrong.

I don't recall so many reputable folks saying a deal is done and the deal being scrapped for anything but a failed physical. I think O'Day is just being careful, as a Union Rep, in what he is putting out there.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't recall so many reputable folks saying a deal is done and the deal being scrapped for anything but a failed physical. I think O'Day is just being careful, as a Union Rep, in what he is putting out there.

It probably came from one source and they all jump on it.I still think it will get done but someone in the Orioles FO might have jumped the gun a little.

I don't know whats going on, but my theory is he wouldn't say its 'NOT' a done deal if he were staying. I think people who put doubt into a situation are shaky with their 'reported' deal. If it were just a technicality, I don't think he'd go on Twitter to debunk it in any way.

Thats just my opinion though. Hope Im wrong.

It is funky. And DOD is a union rep too. You gotta wonder if DOD and agent were trying to get a 4th year out of the Nats and that this "done deal" leak put that out of commission or, maybe it even took that to convince the Nats to go ahead and now offer him a 4th year too.

So a young jerk(we all the real word I want to use), a guy whose contract is killing the team, and a player that left. Oh wow they really pulled out the big guns.

We just had Zach Britton on the radio show the other day saying how buck was the best at managing the pen and how he's heard horror stories about others. Basically saying, Don't sign with the gnats and let Dusty Baker ruin your arm.

Ryan Zimmerman hasn't left the Nats.

You are thinking of Jordan Zimmermann, who has a completely different last name.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I like the idea of having O'Day back. He is an excellent reliever and a known quantity. I am not sure how anyone could not want him on their team.

I understand the angst of some who think that this might be an indicator we are not getting any real SP help and that Davis is out the door. I share some of that angst. With that said, I am gonna wait and see how things play out.

If we add some pieces, then having O'Day around is nothing but a positive. O'Day can certainly be a very valuable guy for a talented team. If we start talking about how we could not afford to add other pieces, then the move appears more to be more about PR and image then good common sense.

I don't think the MASN folks would have confirmed the deal based on a national writers' say so.

I agree. And when Roch says this below in his update of his MASN blog, I feel confident that it's from a warehouse contact and not, say Rosenthal or whomever.

"Update: O'Day threw cold water on reports by tweeting the following:

"Contrary to the news, I have not reached an agreement with the O's yet. I am flattered by all the attention, but reports are premature"

This simply could be O'Day's way of reminding us that nothing is final until the physical is set up and passed, and the contract is signed. I've received confirmation on the agreement and I'm told it may not be official until the end of the week, since Orioles team doctors are in Nashville for the meetings."

Agreed. There's simply too many needs and Duquette isn't that dumb to think he can hope to compete without a lefty power bat and a starting pitcher.

All things point to it... I just wish someone would come right out and say it. Would it really hurt to let Os fans know we're increasing payroll by 30% ??

All things point to it... I just wish someone would come right out and say it. Would it really hurt to let Os fans know we're increasing payroll by 30% ??

What good would that do...? It can actually only do harm. What if the FA market goes nuts and they don't meet that target number for whatever reason... People will be angry, even if there isn't a move they would have done given the choice.

Yes. It would. Agents take everything there is. I.E. the Gausman negotiation. We don't need to know.

All things point to it... I just wish someone would come right out and say it. Would it really hurt to let Os fans know we're increasing payroll by 30% ??[/QUOT

I'd be very surprised if payroll went up by that much. I don't see how anyone can infer that from what has happened so far.

Archived