Tyler Wilson Hopes To Be Part Of Orioles' 2016 Plans

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

24 OUTS: 7 Groundouts, 6 Strikeouts, 6 Lineouts, 4 Flyouts, 1 Foulout

PHILIP TYLER WILSON O (vs. RED SOX, 6/16)

IP:l 8

H:;; 3 ll(1 Double, 2 Singles)

R:l) 0

BB: 1

SO: 6

Pitches: 100 (65 Strikes, 35 Balls)

2016 ERA: 4.16

PITCHES BY INNING

14 (10 Strikes, 41 Balls)

91 (71 Strikes, 21 Balls)

23 (10 Strikes, 13 Balls)

71 (41 Strikes, 31 Balls)

12 (81 Strikes, 41 Balls)

10 (81 Strikes, 21 Balls)

10 (61 Strikes, 41 Balls)

15 (12 Strikes, 31 Balls)

Kid's a bulldog. Love the attitude.

He reminded me a bit tonight of Mike Boddicker when he just past his prime when his velocity was down but still had that nasty breaking ball and knew how to use it and use his defense.

He made a lot of great pitches and stayed down in the zone most of the night. To be fair, he had great defensive support and there were a number of hard hit balls that were right at the defenders. But it was a stellar effort no matter how you slice it.

Hard to expect this performance every time.A ton of balls were blistered tonight...but he kept his poise and threw better as the game wore on. Proud as hell for this guy. Hes a great kid and has some talent. I see him as a serviceable #5. Wright? Well, I need to be convinced. Right now, I dont think he's a ML pitcher.
Tyler got some great help from our defense. One time, the cameras showed him saluting the defense. He's not going to be this great all of the time. He's a rookie, he's quite young. He'll have to take his lumps along the way. But I think that he has a great future, assuming the O's coaching staff develops him properly.

... Wright? Well, I need to be convinced. Right now, I dont think he's a ML pitcher.
My own jury is still out on this guy. He looked better since he returned from the minors but we'll see. I'll be at the game Friday night.

Archived