Wieters watch

Frobby

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How long do you keep Wieters in Frederick if he continues to hit extremely well?

I think he is in Bowie by June if he continues to tear it up.

He may not last until June. They were conservative with where they started him and he is quickly proving they may have been too conservative. I think 4-6 weeks may be enough of this.

BTW, I'm thinking Arrieta may have a similar fate, though it might take a bit longer.

The guy who I think they may have rushed just a bit is Tillman. I think Arrieta may be more ready for AA than he is. But time will tell.

He may not last until June. They were conservative with where they started him and he is quickly proving they may have been too conservative. I think 4-6 weeks may be enough of this.

BTW, I'm thinking Arrieta may have a similar fate, though it might take a bit longer.

The guy who I think they may have rushed just a bit is Tillman. I think Arrieta may be more ready for AA than he is. But time will tell.

Tillman will be just fine at Double-A this year.

As for Wieters and Arrieta, I could see both in Bowie by late June if they keep up their starts...

I agree with all of this.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see Arrieta in Baltimore this year.

I agree with all of this.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see Arrieta in Baltimore this year.

If I were running this team, I would believe it, but I think AM is very conservative with how he handles prospects. My guess would be that they wouldn't have Arietta jump over so many other prospects after only one season of professional ball even if he does in fact deserve it with his performance.

Arietta in Baltimore this year? WOW. That's going way out there. I'd say him ending up in Norfolk would be a bold statement, even. No need to rush him, or Wieters. However, I do think Wieters skills right now translate to a AA/AAA level. I feel like Frederick is just to get him off his training wheels and going through the motions again. He'll be in AA by the end of may.

Does anyone think either of these two will see the majors this year? How would this affect their service time, etc?

With MacPhail running the show? I don't think there's a chance that either of them sees the majors before mid-season 2009. There is absolutely no reason to rush either of them. Hernandez and Quiroz seem adequate at C and we have Penn, Olson, Liz, Spoone, Hernandez, and Tillman ahead of Arrieta in the pitching queue.

With MacPhail running the show? I don't think there's a chance that either of them sees the majors before mid-season 2009. There is absolutely no reason to rush either of them. Hernandez and Quiroz seem adequate at C and we have Penn, Olson, Liz, Spoone, Hernandez, and Tillman ahead of Arrieta in the pitching queue.

If they prove they belong in the majors, why is bringing them up this year rushing them?

Archived