Wieters watch

Frobby

I'd like to push the pace on Wieters. If we think he can be ready to take over in 2009, then we can move Hernandez this offseason.

Arrieta and others I'm fine with going a little more slowly, but I don't let them dominate the leagues for more than a couple months before moving them up for a new challenge.

Promoting Wieters and Arrieta to Bowie, even in the very near future, couldn't possibly be seen as rushing them. I thought they both should have started there to begin with.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Weiters, I would think that his catching skills, including how he handles the pitchers, will have as much to do with how quickly he gets promoted as how he is doing at bat. For a quick promotion, upper management is probably going to have to feel comfortable about both aspects of his game.

Has anyone heard anything about how Weiters is doing at calling games, etc.

He also had a stolen base. Can he be stopped?

That guy will be in Triple A before the year is out and IMO, he is with the team when rosters expand in September. I can see Ramon Hernandez dealt to the Reds or Mets by the trade deadline.

I'd like to push the pace on Wieters. If we think he can be ready to take over in 2009, then we can move Hernandez this offseason.

Arrieta and others I'm fine with going a little more slowly, but I don't let them dominate the leagues for more than a couple months before moving them up for a new challenge.

Promoting Wieters and Arrieta to Bowie, even in the very near future, couldn't possibly be seen as rushing them. I thought they both should have started there to begin with.

We should move Hernandez ASAP. I think before the deadline would be preferably, to the Reds preferably. For Todd Frazier and a pitching prospect preferably.:)

Wieters defintely will be ready at the beginning of 2009.

Archived