TT: Something to consider when talking about Hyun Soo Kim

Tony-OH

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched his first at bat today and his swing looked really slow and lifeless. I've seen other video of him in Korea that didn't look like that but I hope that AB wasn't what he is going to bring going forward.

You mean like this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dd0i-M_aQSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hyun Soo Kim said he was nervous today. Was thinking too much at plate. Pitcher's movements. Affected his timing. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">March 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I watched his first at bat today and his swing looked really slow and lifeless. I've seen other video of him in Korea that didn't look like that but I hope that AB wasn't what he is going to bring going forward.

Hope the fans will give him a chance.

I saw him live from behind home plate upstairs on all 3 AB's. I thought he wasn't overmatched. The ball jumped easily off his bat on a liner to center. His first AB he got down in the count quickly but was never fooled. He was able to foul pitches and looked to have a good eye in that SSS. He's a big dude that moves well for his size.

Hope the fans will give him a chance.

This is why so many fans (and the Orioles FO) realize losing Fowler was such a blow AND why we need to sign an alternative.

Going with what we got worked out so well last year, huh?

I saw him live from behind home plate upstairs on all 3 AB's. I thought he wasn't overmatched. The ball jumped easily off his bat on a liner to center. His first AB he got down in the count quickly but was never fooled. He was able to foul pitches and looked to have a good eye in that SSS. He's a big dude that moves well for his size.

Good feedback, thank you sir.

This is why so many fans (and the Orioles FO) realize losing Fowler was such a blow AND why we need to sign an alternative.

Going with what we got worked out so well last year, huh?

Fowler is history and making a move just to make a move rarely works. We'll just have to be patient and see if an opportunity comes along.

Fowler is history and making a move just to make a move rarely works. We'll just have to be patient and see if an opportunity comes along.[/quote

I am one of the few on here that like Alvarez, but I don't think he is ready. Reimold has been given more chances than my ex wife (Weaver).

I just can't wrap my head around the "go with what we have" approach. I think that is awful. I think any of Bruce, Alvarez or Jackson make this team better.

Thanks for the valuable feedback Bob!

I just can't wrap my head around the "go with what we have" approach. I think that is awful. I think any of Bruce, Alvarez or Jackson make this team better.

I'm more or less with you. We tried that approach last year. It ended up being a disaster, and we lost Davies for no real reason whatsoever. Pay a couple of million and have Davis or Trumbo out there or Jackson... I mean why bother paying O'Day, Wieters, Davis, etc. if we're going with the AAA express in the outfield.. particularly when we consider that our preordained left fielder might not play in the show.

Fowler is history and making a move just to make a move rarely works. We'll just have to be patient and see if an opportunity comes along.[/quote

I am one of the few on here that like Alvarez, but I don't think he is ready. Reimold has been given more chances than my ex wife (Weaver).

I'm not convinced. Bruce will cost much and has been awful for two years. Jackson may not be better than Rickard. And Alvarez is a zero with the glove whose agent is demanding time in the field.

I'm not convinced. Bruce will cost much and has been awful for two years. Jackson may not be better than Rickard. And Alvarez is a zero with the glove whose agent is demanding time in the field.

I think he was talking about Dariel Alvarez, who may be quite a bit with the glove.

Archived