April 12th at Tropicana

Crazysilver03

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. He made Pena look downright silly. 3 very promising innings. I am about to send a fruit basket to Kranitz in praise. Does anyone know his address?:D

c/o Baltimore Orioles

333 W. Camden Street

:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Oh man, don't get me started on Rob Long. He's fine on his radio shows, but the man cannot spit out a sentence to save his life on live TV. It's abysmal. I like the guy, but he is objectively bad at pre- and post-game duties. It's shocking. 
    • I don't expect that from national broadcasts either, but I do expect that the delivery at least be enjoyable, and I don't find them to be. All a matter of taste, of course.
    • Pre, Post, "sideline" stuff, she's fine, no issues. Calling games? Oh hell no. I tried, i really, really tried, but she's horrible. Please, MASN, no more. 
    • I wonder if she read this board. The standard is so very high for orioles broadcasts—both TV and radio. I know everyone loves Jon miller, but for my money Joe Angel had the best set of golden pipes in history. Melanie carries the company water and is better than Mike Bordick and Jim Hunter. So there’s that. She’s done well making a name for herself. I at least  know her name and voice. The other two in the radio broadcast. I seriously have no idea what their names are. They’re comply nondescript and without any personality. I know one has a punchy voice and another is very nasally.    
    • I am not a fan of Melanie except for pre and post game.   Another mistake last night, Nats down by 2, I believe in the 11th inning the first batter hit a grounder to the right side and the runner that was placed on 2nd advanced to 3rd on the out.  Melanie said the batter did his job by advancing the runner?  You are down by 2, what in actually being accomplished by making an out?? That is the stuff that tells me that she doesn't understand the game enough to be doing PBP in the majors.
    • I didn't say they were great.  But I also think people here have different expectations from local broadcasters and what you get on a national broadcast.   I don't know if I've seen anyone on here be complimentary of a national broadcast crew no matter the situation (playoffs, in-season broadcast, etc).  Like, a national broadcast team is supposed to talk about things at a general level.  They're not supposed to be super in depth about the Orioles, they'll know a few things that they'll have found on some simple research, but overall they're really not here for us...and when I say us, I mean the die hard Orioles fans who are aware of what side Connor Norby leans when he farts in the Tides dugout.   So, I don't expect great things from the Apple TV broadcast crew tomorrow night because they're not here to cater to people like me.  And I'll enjoy not listening to Kevin Brown.
    • Well based off the last half season of baseball, lots of players are better than Hays. He has literally been a below replacement level player. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now