April 12th at Tropicana

Crazysilver03

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• If Gunnar isn't batting leadoff he should be 2 or 3, at least vs RHP. Get him up as many times as possible and ensure he hits in the first inning. 
    • I would guess that a fan of any given team could find a similar example of their Gold Glove candidate missing a ball they ‘should’ have had. 
    • If you could somehow combine Luis Arreaz’s hit tool with Mateo’s everything else, you’d have a hall of famer 
    • Sure. The three and five thing really makes sense, both intuitively and statistically. It’s the intuitive side of 1 v 9 that I just can’t wrap my head around in spite of the well done stats you’ve provided as an example.  Probably because I’m thinking game by game and not season by season. The idea of Mateo batting 5 times tomorrow night, while one of the best hitters in the league bats 4, seems in my head like nonsense. 
    • I think most people would be the same way. If a competing business would offer me a 20% raise to jump ship I'd have my two weeks in tomorrow.
    • Assuming Gunnar likes batting leadoff, which I think he does, I'm happy to keep him there. Your best hitters should get the most at bats.
    • Currently on pace for 55 HRs, 115 RBI, and 125 runs scored. Those are great numbers obviously, but are we taking full advantage of Gunnar's abilities by batting him leadoff almost every game? I'm sure Eddie Murray and Frank Robinson would have been dynamite at leadoff, but their teams were better off making sure they came up as much as possible with men on base. So far this season Henderson has fewer ABs with men on base than any of the other regulars, which has to have cost us some runs -- and therefor wins -- somewhere along the line.  With Cowser seemingly out of his funk I'd like to see him batting leadoff more often. He leads the Orioles in walks and OB%, and has enough speed that he'll take the extra bases just like Henderson does. I believe a lineup that looks something like this would score more runs than what we're getting now: VS RH --  Cowser Adley Westburg Henderson Santander O'Hearn Mountcastle Mullins Mateo   VS LH --  Westburg Adley Mountcastle Henderson Santander Hays Cowser McCann Mateo  
  • Popular Contributors