April 14th vs The Blue Jays

DREKTUNES

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jones has the speed, he has to practice his stealing sometime to get better at it and Zaun hasn't exactly been throwing well so it seemed like a pretty good chance he'd make it. Besides, Hernandez is very unlikely to get an XBH to drive him home.

I agree with your points but I just don`t think that outweighs the risk of having Luis Hernandez have to lead off the seventh. I think the O`s have a better chance to score if its B-rob leading off, thats all.

Oh come on, people praise when we steal a base, and look to complain when we get thrown out.

I posted this in yesterday's game thread, and think it's prudent here too.

I love when the O's are aggresive on the bases, but with Luis hitting with 2 outs I don't want to see it b/c that means he'll have to lead off the next inning instead of BRob.

I love when the O's are aggresive on the bases, but with Luis hitting with 2 outs I don't want to see it b/c that means he'll have to lead off the next inning instead of BRob.

Yeah, but like Blueberry said the only way Jones scores is if he gets to second and Luis decides he'd like to get his one hit for the week.

Oh come on, people praise when we steal a base, and look to complain when we get thrown out.

I posted this in yesterday's game thread, and think it's prudent here too.

Whether or not he successfully stole the base is irrelevant to whether or not it was a good decision to try; and in this case I think it was a bad idea, thats all.

Again, no risk no reward. I'd rather take my chance with Jones in scoring position per the chance Luis gets a base hit. After all, he's batting .500 with RISP this year. ;)

Impressive little appearance by Johnson today.

Yeah, but like Blueberry said the only way Jones scores is if he gets to second and Luis decides he'd like to get his one hit for the week.

Well that sounds like long odds. Might as well just hope he gets that hit (or walk) and let BRob drive Jones in.

Palmer's in the HOF, has 3 Cy's, 3 rings, and 8 20-game seasons.

Buck's hair has... what exactly?

Well it would take a gail force wind to move one single hair. He's got a ton of it for his age.

Maybe I'm over analyzing Buck's hair because I'm already losing mine at 23.

Archived