Rob Manfred: Fours work better than Fives for scheduling

weams

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another city to see about would be Nashville. They could be dark horses in expansion

A little premature right now. Davidson/Williamson county is projected to grow by a million people over the next decade, so in five years that might be realistic. Right now Nashville metro area is significantly smaller than San Antonio and somewhat smaller than Austin.

A little premature right now. Davidson/Williamson county is projected to grow by a million people over the next decade, so in five years that might be realistic. Right now Nashville metro area is significantly smaller than San Antonio and somewhat smaller than Austin.

I would think because the Predators are doing so well in terms of attendance (the only southern city that worked our really for the NHL) that an MLB team could be feasible.

WEST

Northwest

Seattle

San Fran

Colorado

Oakland

Southwest

LA

LA

Arizona

San Diego

South

Houston

Austin

Texas

Atlanta

Midwest

Chicago

Chicago

Milwaukee

Minnesota

EAST

Southeast

Miami

Tampa

Washington

Baltimore

East

NY

NY

Philly

Boston

Great Lakes

Montreal

Detroit

Cleveland

Toronto

Central

Kansas City

St Louis

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

I like NL ball. I don't want the NL to go away. There are too many teams anyway.

IMO

I don't like the idea of further expansion and four-team divisions. There's too much potential for one division to be really awful while another has three really strong teams. The NFL has some joke team in the playoffs once every couple of years, and I don't want that happening in baseball. Plus, there are a few franchises now that are getting poor attendance and adding markets doesn't make much sense to me.

Agreed about the four-team divisions. If they do expand to 32 teams (which I hope doesn't happen for a while) I would prefer them to just have two eight-team divisions per league, East and West.

Richmond maybe but even without the O's/Nats I don't think VA Beach could. Too much military, too many transients.

We were second to DC when the Expos were moving because the proposal was good. Tear down Harbor Park and put a brewery next to the ballpark. DC just made more sense. Richmond is out because everyone there is a DC fan except for VCU and because of broadcast territory.

Archived