Marlins Looking For Relief Help - Capps May Be Hurt - Trade?

Number5

So we go from the OF roller coaster to the BP roller coaster? Ouzuna is good, but I like BP stability a little bit more. Maybe a MiLB pitcher or something akin to that, but I don't think it would be a good idea personally.

No.

We go from a bullpen with little flexibility to a bullpen with flexibility.

Britton - No options

O'Day- No options

Matusz- No options

Brach- No options

Bundy- No options

See a pattern?

I don't want to lose Givens for 10 games because the O's had a 14 inning game.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/03/carter-capps-mri-marlins-trade-inquiries-relievers.html

Loria wanted to trade Ozuna. Mattingly talked him out of it. Would a package headed by Brach or Givens interest them?

This was the guy that Frobby started a thread about last year. It was in regard to the legality of his hop-step pitch.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LycHv4CRHWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No.

Britton - No options

O'Day- No options

Matusz- No options

Brach- No options

Bundy- No options

See a pattern?

I would see who we could get for Brach and Matusz. Give us more flexibility

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

This was the guy that Frobby started a thread about last year. It was in regard to the legality of his hop-step pitch.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LycHv4CRHWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jordan Walden has a similar delivery.

No.

Britton - No options

O'Day- No options

Matusz- No options

Brach- No options

Bundy- No options

See a pattern?

He would be back in three because someone else would come up sore.

If they'd do Brach for Ozuna then I think you do it. He hasn't really made a solid contribution at the major league level but he is still young enough that I think a proven reliever is worth it.

It's a definite no to Givens though...

If they'd do Brach for Ozuna then I think you do it. He hasn't really made a solid contribution at the major league level but he is still young enough that I think a proven reliever is worth it.

It's a definite no to Givens though...

You think you would do it for Brach. Are you kidding me. The Marlins would never make that deal. People on this board over value players to a level i've never seen before. Wny stop at Ozuna maybe they will do it for Stanton and Yelich. Why stop there they should maybe throw in Jose to sweeten the deal for Brach. Hell throw in Matusz ands Worley. Done deal

No.

Britton - No options

O'Day- No options

Matusz- No options

Brach- No options

Bundy- No options

See a pattern?

That's why I'd have Dariel Alvarez as the 13tg position player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of getting a full time player for a relief pitcher. I don't think the Marlins will bite. They're in a tough division with the Mets and Nats.

Also I'm not too broken up over Capps getting hurt with that cheat delivery he has. He shut us down for about 3 IP in that 15 inning game and we went into a funk after that.

Goodness I can't be happy someone's hurt.

You think you would do it for Brach. Are you kidding me. The Marlins would never make that deal. People on this board over value players to a level i've never seen before. Wny stop at Ozuna maybe they will do it for Stanton and Yelich. Why stop there they should maybe throw in Jose to sweeten the deal for Brach. Hell throw in Matusz ands Worley. Done deal

They'd have to eat some of Stanton salary before I'd do that deal.

Did you read the OP? This entire deal would be predicated on the Marlins' owner meddling. He has a history of doing irrational things...you know like naming his GM manager.

I was of the opinion it was an illegal pitching motion then and I argued at length in the thread we had about it. I still believe it to be not in conformity with the pitching rules. Cheaters never prosper.

Low class. MLB says its legal, and yet you are okay with someone getting injured because you think its cheating.

Archived