Wieters DL?

weams

Wieters threw from 90 feet for the first time, but Showalter could keep him in minor league games for the next several days. If Wieters appears in a major league Grapefruit League game on Friday or later and then is placed on the disabled list, his injury can’t be backdated to Mar. 25. If he appears in minor league games where admission isn’t charged, an injury could be backdated.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/blog/orioles-talk/wieters-feels-better-has-quiet-date-return

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His hype was unreasonable.

Yes, it was. But regardless, it's stained his reputation here in B'more. I hope he plays well for us this year, but I do think it's his last in Baltimore. He could win the MVP and he'd still be gone (by his own design as much as the Orioles').

And as I've said before, if he suffers through an injury-plagued season, or his elbow is still giving him issues, then his market value is quickly diminished as a catcher, and pretty much non-existent at any other position... He certainly won't be receiving $15.8MM a year... Maybe that was part of the calculus behind taking the QO...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For the second time in three ABs, Matt Wieters hacks at the first pitch he sees and flies out deep to right. Not getting cheated today.</p>— Jon Meoli (@JonMeoli) <a href="

">March 24, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For the second time in three ABs, Matt Wieters hacks at the first pitch he sees and flies out deep to right. Not getting cheated today.</p>— Jon Meoli (@JonMeoli) <a href="
">March 24, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Still two outs on two pitches. :P

That would likely mean we're out of it, so I don't hope for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. If we can get a good starting pitcher that might put the the team over the hump and win why not? Caleb is good enough to start every day,and this lineup would still have plenty of pop without Matt.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

I disagree. If we can get a good starting pitcher that might put the the team over the hump and win why not? Caleb is good enough to start every day,and this lineup would still have plenty of pop without Matt.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Yeah, with his pitch framing, this is a blessing for us. Dumbest--without question--decision to offer a QO in history.

Archived