Ubaldo Jimenez Today, 2016

OFFNY

Wouldn't even have been in the WC without his 2nd half. Here's hoping he keeps working on that delivery for 2017.

I hope he doesn't carry tonight on his mind into next season. He did a great job down the stretch, and he could be an important pitcher in 2017. This is not on him.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't like UJ on the roster as a reliever. He had finally settled in to the rhythm of a starter, so why mess with that? Save him for ALCS, keep Worley in pen.

I thought he was there for two possible purposes:

1) Coming in early if Tillman simply didn't have it or tweaked his elbow or something like that.

2) Last resort (or one of last two resorts, along with Bundy) in a long 15+ inning game AFTER we had used all our true relievers.

I never in a million years imagined he would be in a tie game in extra innings when one of Britton/Givens/Brach/O'Day had not yet been used. Let alone the BEST one of those four. I would have laughed at the ridiculousness and utter absurdity of such a suggestion.

Wouldn't even have been in the WC without his 2nd half. Here's hoping he keeps working on that delivery for 2017.

I am ready to move on from Ubaldo. He can't put a whole season together. Hopefully he pitches well in Spring Training and we can trade him without having to pick up part of his salary. We have six starters on the payroll for next year. One has to go and my pick is Ubaldo

I didn't like UJ on the roster as a reliever. He had finally settled in to the rhythm of a starter, so why mess with that? Save him for ALCS, keep Worley in pen.

Yeah, if he wanted someone in there to eat a bunch of innings, Worley should have been the guy. All season, I've been wondering why they hadn't used Worley in a more prominent role. He has the kind of mindset you want in clutch situations.

I thought he was there for two possible purposes:

1) Coming in early if Tillman simply didn't have it or tweaked his elbow or something like that.

2) Last resort (or one of last two resorts, along with Bundy) in a long 15+ inning game AFTER we had used all our true relievers.

I never in a million years imagined he would be in a tie game in extra innings when one of Britton/Givens/Brach/O'Day had not yet been used. Let alone the BEST one of those four. I would have laughed at the ridiculousness and utter absurdity of such a suggestion.

What would you have thought had Britton gone 2-3 innings with a tied score, tired, the O's go ahead in the 13th, and Buck brings in Ubaldo, who blows the save?

If Buck want UJ on the roster for this game, it should have been as the starter. His start last week vs. Toronto was better than Tillman's. If he wasn't to start, he should have been off the roster with Gallardo and Miley. He has a tendency to struggle in his first inning, which is not what you want from a reliever.

Archived