(vs. INDIANS, 7/24)

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

NOLAN GALLAGHER REIMOLD

Nolan Reimold was the 1st Orioles player to hit a 2-out, pinch-hit, game-ending home run since Larry Sheets did it against the Mariners on August 24, 1988, at Memorial Stadium.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/757567579049304064

Nolan Reimold was the 1st Orioles player to hit a 2-out, pinch-hit, game-ending home run since Larry Sheets did it against the Mariners on August 24, 1988, at Memorial Stadium.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/757567579049304064

Here it is (Larry Sheets' 2-out, pinch-hit, game-ending home run from 1988.)

http://m.mlb.com/video/v33993341/seabal-sheets-slugs-pinchhit-walkoff-home-run/?query=Larry%2Bsheets

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Truly remarkable that he's 33 years old, and outside of a couple stretches where he was really good, that's a long tenure with the O's of unfulfilled promise. #AlwaysNextYear

He did have the "Peyton Manning" neck surgery. Pretty remarkable that he's been able to earn some nice MLB checks since then. I could see him back on a milb deal and be insurance/depth down in Norfolk. The way we've used Janish the last two seasons.

He did have the "Peyton Manning" neck surgery. Pretty remarkable that he's been able to earn some nice MLB checks since then. I could see him back on a milb deal and be insurance/depth down in Norfolk. The way we've used Janish the last two seasons.

It's also entirely possible that he decides he doesn't want to have anything to do with MiLB anymore and signs with another MLB team, which I'm totally fine with at this point. I've always liked him, too, but we should reserve that role for Bourn (if we can retain him) or Christian Walker.

It's also entirely possible that he decides he doesn't want to have anything to do with MiLB anymore and signs with another MLB team, which I'm totally fine with at this point. I've always liked him, too, but we should reserve that role for Bourn (if we can retain him) or Christian Walker.

I'd be surprised if he gets a major league deal at this point.

I think he would be best served taking his talents to Asia.

Nolan had a very disappointing season. I think he's about done as a major leaguer. I've always rooted for him and have been willing to ride out the protracted cold spells, but this year his cold spell encompassed the last five months of the season and he just never looked good. Time to move on.

Archived