PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Good.  F the Sox.  

I know we're not gonna compete with them this year but whatever, I'd love to see them fail miserably in every aspect.

How about that player that matters to the Red Sox tests positive?  Funny how David Ortiz leads the American League in OPS in his last season at age 40.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

How about that player that matters to the Red Sox tests positive?  Funny how David Ortiz leads the American League in OPS in his last season at age 40.

I hated Ortiz as much as anyone else, but he was a great hitter, PEDs or not.  I know the cynical, sarcastic Orioles fan out there will say that he was on them his entire career.  I don't know how true that is, but it's sure fun to think that, isn't it?

Anyway, I've done a 180 on PEDs, I don't really care anymore.  I'm sure the Orioles have had guys on them too over the years.  Doesn't take any schadenfreude away from seeing anyone on the Sox get busted.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hated Ortiz as much as anyone else, but he was a great hitter, PEDs or not.  I know the cynical, sarcastic Orioles fan out there will say that he was on them his entire career.  I don't know how true that is, but it's sure fun to think that, isn't it?

Anyway, I've done a 180 on PEDs, I don't really care anymore.  I'm sure the Orioles have had guys on them too over the years.  Doesn't take any schadenfreude away from seeing anyone on the Sox get busted.

It seems crazy to me that a substance that aids in healing should be illegal.

1 minute ago, El Gordo said:

Agreed.

I dunno, Sandy Koufax took cortaid shots to pitch through pain.  I think there's a thin line between performance enhancing and performance allowing.  But one could argue (and I would) that Koufax's use of cortaid was enhancing, or else he couldn't have done what he did.  

It's when the drug names get really weird looking and hard to pronounce that people start having issues.  

24 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I’m wrestling with the concept that it wouldn’t be “performance enhancing”. Even if that only meant that you were artificially increasing your counting stats by being able to play more games.