PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish this was Chris Davis getting caught again. It does however make you think this might have been part of the reason the Orioles showed no interest in resigning him.

Aderall is a helluva drug. Makes you think though, if he was willing to cheat with that, what else was he willing to cheat with?  Especially he gets caught in 2014, when we we basically had a playoff spot already wrapped up. 

Not being judgmental, but that really does show low character. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/06/fernando-abad-suspended-80-games-peds.html

Free agent left-handed reliever Fernando Abad has received an 80-game ban after testing positive for Stanozolol, the league announced.

The 32-year-old Abad was with the Phillies in Spring Training and, after being cut loose, agreed to a minor league deal with the Mets. Abad never appeared in a game with the Mets though, and his contract with the club seemed to have fallen through at some point (quite possibly due to the impending suspension). Any club that signs Abad now will do so knowing that he’ll have to sit out for 80 games upon the deal’s completion. At this point in the schedule, an 80-game suspension would put Abad out for the vast majority of the season.

The Horse stuff again. 

Cat Mando

19 mins ago

“Number of positive tests for Biogenesis players? Zero.” Congrats on the dumbest comparison of the day. Bosch’s Boy were 2013 and it opened the eyes of the MLBPA as they finally consented to WADA testing.
In 2013 the standard for a failed test was ridiculously low, a 4:1 T:E (Testosterone to Epistestosterone) Ratio. There was no biological passport program, no IRMS (Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry) tests to detect biological marker months after the PED has cleared the system, and no HGH blood tests.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
16 hours ago, atomic said:

Think they would take Davis for him?

I wouldn’t if I were them.   Cano is still a very productive player, and Davis isn’t.    Cano has been worth 23.6 rWAR in the first 5 years of his deal, and was worth 3.2 rWAR in half a season last year.   He’s likely to decline from here but he’s miles better than Davis.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I wouldn’t if I were them.   Cano is still a very productive player, and Davis isn’t.    Cano has been worth 23.6 rWAR in the first 5 years of his deal, and was worth 3.2 rWAR in half a season last year.   He’s likely to decline from here but he’s Miles better than Davis.  

And they are both PED abusers!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1