vs. YANKEES, 6/05

OFFNY

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy for me to criticize, I'm no professional baseball player, but I cannot understand swinging at all 3 pitches when the bases are chucked and the pitcher is visibly sweating and in a tight spot. Unless they're 3 pitches down broadway, why not make him throw something?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Maybe he’s throwing shade at somebody who hijacks every game thread.
    • And hader, with the second biggest contract in reliever history, is 19th in average annual value just in current contracts (Diaz is 17th). There are 4 relief pitchers in the top 50 pitchers in annual salary (and that’s if you go by spotrac calling Kyle Hendricks a reliever, which he hasn’t been). Which tells you how mlb values starters vs relievers. If you have a chance to get even a  mid rotation starter, chances are it’s more valuable than very good high leverage relievers. They pitch a ton more innings that impacts the team more.  Relievers are volatile, and don’t exactly have longer shelf lives despite the lower inning workload.    if you get a pitcher with good enough stuff that can be a starter, you can always fall back on them being relievers if they don’t make it as starters. Taking someone with no starter potential limits their upside. That’s not what I want with an early pick. I’ll take all the sharkey types in later rounds, but if I get Brecht, I want him in the minors trying to be a starter as long as they think he can be one. 
    • All right I'll pull that back, he does only have a decent shot at his best year. the rest of the season has not happened yet, hell tomorrow could be his last game. I dont like sewing together partial seasons either. Last year half season started with July and August being a scorch fest followed by a cold September which featured shoulder problems and an IL stint. he does have one constant though, the defense is turning Elite. Yes bad AB today, but the more I look at him the more I see what his supporters see. I'm starting to come around to him.  
    • Hey everyone! I’m so sorry that I’m late in getting the results accumulated and a winner announced. I haven’t had time to login to the Hangout in probably 10 days or so due to life and work.  I’ll tally up the entries and post the winner this week, hopefully within the next day or two. Thanks for all the interest!
    • I just came here to see if Mateo had gone on the injured list. To be honest, I think he should, because he’s probably not going to play tomorrow if he’s in concussion protocol, simply because nobody’s going to want to take a chance. very disappointing injury. I hope Mullins is OK too, I would be extremely upset if I had accidentally clocked one of my teammates.
    • Sounds good.  Only scored 2 runs (excluding the hr).  Sounds bad.
    • Hey, at least I support the message board financially. 🤷‍♂️
  • Popular Contributors