Updates on Hunter Harvey

Norfolk orioles

I was at the game tonight. I don't know how much it means right now, but there were some hard hit balls against him. The defense behind him could have been a little better, also.

On a side note, the Ironbirds have a program for little league teams where the kids get to run out on the field with a player and stand with them during the Anthem. My two kids got to run out with Harvey. I wish I could post some pictures. I don't know how to do it from my iPad.

That's very cool. I'm jealous - and I don't mean for my kids!

I was at the game tonight. I don't know how much it means right now, but there were some hard hit balls against him. The defense behind him could have been a little better, also.

On a side note, the Ironbirds have a program for little league teams where the kids get to run out on the field with a player and stand with them during the Anthem. My two kids got to run out with Harvey. I wish I could post some pictures. I don't know how to do it from my iPad.

Put them on Facebook or some other website and link them here via the photo icon above.

Guy who went to game is on radio right now RAVING about Harvey. Said there were a ton of scouts there last night watching.

Said FB was 95-97 with little effort, and his breaking ball is unhittable.

Really emphasizing how little effort he uses to get it it the upper 90's, said it is like he isn't even trying.

• Upvote 1

Guy who went to game is on radio right now RAVING about Harvey. Said there were a ton of scouts there last night watching.

Said FB was 95-97 with little effort, and his breaking ball is unhittable.

Really emphasizing how little effort he uses to get it it the upper 90's, said it is like he isn't even trying.

Nice. Keep in mind that he hasn't pitched a game outside the state of FL in 2 years. They probably have him on the same type of innings limit as Bundy. He'll just get to make 3-4 inning starts the rest of the season until he reaches his. Next year would be so awesome if Bundy were in the MLB rotation and Harvey was in AA to start the year. It's almost like things are coming together.

Nice. Keep in mind that he hasn't pitched a game outside the state of FL in 2 years. They probably have him on the same type of innings limit as Bundy. He'll just get to make 3-4 inning starts the rest of the season until he reaches his. Next year would be so awesome if Bundy were in the MLB rotation and Harvey was in AA to start the year. It's almost like things are coming together.

Also mentioned that he doesn't look like a string bean anymore, has put on a decent amount of weight.

That was one of my main concerns, he wouldn't be able to do that.

And for the record this was not some idiot caller, this guy knew what he was talking about...pretty sure he used to be a scout/coach.

He was sitting right behind the plate and said all the guns were saying the same thing, so not like they were off or something.

Also mentioned that he doesn't look like a string bean anymore, has put on a decent amount of weight.

That was one of my main concerns, he wouldn't be able to do that.

And for the record this was not some idiot caller, this guy knew what he was talking about...pretty sure he used to be a scout/coach.

He was sitting right behind the plate and said all the guns were saying the same thing, so not like they were off or something.

I was standing about two feet from Hunter during the pregame introductions and he wasn't the skinny kid I pictured him to be. Also, my wife pointed out to me all of the people holding radar guns behind home plate. There were quite a few out there.

So let's assume (fingers crossed) he finishes the season at Frederick healthy and with, what, maybe 50-60 innings pitched? I would assume next season he starts in the rotation at Bowie (again, fingers crossed health and performance-wise). Is it realistically conceivable we could see him in Baltimore next summer? I would assume if he gets 60 innings this year, he'd still be limited innings wise next season, maybe to 110-120 IP?

So let's assume (fingers crossed) he finishes the season at Frederick healthy and with, what, maybe 50-60 innings pitched? I would assume next season he starts in the rotation at Bowie (again, fingers crossed health and performance-wise). Is it realistically conceivable we could see him in Baltimore next summer? I would assume if he gets 60 innings this year, he'd still be limited innings wise next season, maybe to 110-120 IP?

He could be our Bundy of 2017, and Bundy could be our Gausman of 2016.

If all that works out, watch out.

Harvey could be our Bundy of 2017, and Bundy could be our Gausman of 2016.

If all that works out, watch out.

I'm not sure that they would bring him along (and up) that quickly.

Bundy did not have any options left, and that is the only reason why he started the 2016 season with the Orioles. Harvey does (have options left.)

I'm not sure that they would bring him along (and up) that quickly.

Bundy did not have any options left, and that is the only reason why he started the 2016 season with the Orioles. Harvey does (have options left.)

Unless I am mistaken, the O's don't even have to put Harvey on the 40-man roster until after the 2017 or 2018 season (I'm not sure how 2015 was treated, since he didn't pitch then at all). So there's no hurry with him at all, until he is ready to be one of our 12 best pitchers. And I doubt we'd want him to spend a year of his service time in the bullpen, unless that's his ultimate destination.

o

5 free passes (4 walks and 1 hit batsman) in only 3.33 innings pitched.

10 OUTS: 4 Flyouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Strikeouts, 1 Lineout, 1 Caught Stealing

HUNTER LUKE HARVEY O (vs. Advanced Rookie League-Williamsport, 7/10)

IP:. 3.33

H:;; 4 ll(4 Singles)

R:l) 3

ER:)2

BB:)4 *

SO:)3

Pitches: 69 (36 Strikes, 33 Balls)

2016 ERA: 4.26 (Advanced Rookie League-Aberdeen)

* Harvey also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

19 (13 Strikes, 61 Balls)

22 (61 Strikes, 16 Balls)

15 (81 Strikes, 71 Balls)

13 (91 Strikes, 41 Balls) **

** Harvey recorded 1 out before departing in the 4th inning.