vs. PADRES, 6/21

Sessh

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I stumbled on this several years ago. Wayne is not featured, but is on the Flying V Gibson guitar backing Jerry Lee Lewis. The Bee Gees are the hosts of this particular episode of Midnight Special.

Wow. I ain't a disco guy but I got mad respect for the Gibbs. And Jerry Lee... I can't believe the dude is still alive. And performing at age 80!

Why wasn't this game started on time? It wasn't raining at seven but it will be soon (clouds are so dark) and we may lose in five or six as they didn't start on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why was that Texas game postponed for that matter? Idunno.

I stumbled on this several years ago. Wayne is not featured, but is on the Flying V Gibson guitar backing Jerry Lee Lewis. The Bee Gees are the hosts of this particular episode of Midnight Special.
Wow. I ain't a disco guy but I got mad respect for the Gibbs. And Jerry Lee... I can't believe the dude is still alive. And performing at age 80!

I grew up on the pre-disco Bee Gees and really liked it. I really did not like the change into disco as I was entering my first real rock phase around then. But with 36 - 40 years of hindsight, I really find the disco stuff far better than I remembered. I think one of their collections from about a decade ago helped me come to appreciate it. But I'm still forever a big fan of the late 60's - early 70's era Bee Gees.

Jerry Lee is a force of nature. He should have been dead years ago. An outrageous rocker in his time. And I love his ballads and country tinged stuff, too.

Archived