The Little Things

evenparthrough9

This analogy will be useful forever, but I can't deny, I thought it too.

It was applicable on Sunday too, except the first to 3rd was 1st to 2nd on a sac bunt and the scoring from third on a sac flay was Alvarez trotting home on Remold's homer. Otherwise, it was just like Game 6.

That's really funny.

Schoop's grounder between first and second was a little thing. Jones going first to third was a little thing. He was lucky to score on Manny's grounder but the little things created the opportunity.

You're only supposed to pay attention to the little things when they are bad. Otherwise, how will you be able to satisfy your incessant need to complain in the middle of a win streak while our team is in first place after 5 years of winning?

Alvarez doesn't score from 2nd on a 22 hopper to the right fielder. Lost run

Weiters fails to attempt to block the ball in the 7th. Go ahead runner gets to second and scores.

This is in addition to the Davis/Machado fiasco on the bases yesterday and the botched rundown on Saturday. Very sloppy ball lately.

18 games over .500. 57 and 40. And yet some are never happy.

After watching baseball for forty years I learned a little thing last night that I did not know. According to Buck, Jones runs home on that play in order to force the pitcher to throw home and thus breaking up the double play and allowing the inning to continue , better yet if he can get in run down and let the runners advance. I did not know that little thing.

After watching baseball for forty years I learned a little thing last night that I did not know. According to Buck' date=' Jones runs home on that play in order to force the pitcher to throw home and thus breaking up the double play and allowing the inning to continue , better yet if he can get in run down and let the runners advance. I did not know that little thing.[/quote']

That's baseball 101.

I want World Series championships. I guess you're happy with almost 35 years of the same old results

I'm not sure what this means. You're saying that having the second-best record in baseball isn't conducive to winning a World Series?

It's simple. Either your team is perfect, wins every game and the world series or else they are garbage people and should lose their jobs.

Winning seasons. Being in first place. Making the playoffs. Winning playoff series. These are all the hallmarks of losers. You guys must just love rooting for losers. Some of us though, are sophisticated enough to not accept such a pitiful performance.

18 games over .500. 57 and 40. And yet some are never happy.

Are we only allowed to discuss baseball when the team carries a losing record? I'm sure your better grounded than the rest of us, but I'll bet Buck is obsessing over some of these same issues despite the impressive record. I'm sure he's miserable as well.

I want World Series championships. I guess you're happy with almost 35 years of the same old results

You know, that 1983 team allowed 67 unearned runs, made 121 errors, made 35 outs on the bases, got picked off 12 times, and failed to get a runner home from 3B with less than 2 outs 149 times. They weren't perfect.

Archived