Thoughts on Ubaldo potentially starting on Wednesday?

Slim Shady

Think you mean Thursday?

Not sure the reasoning for it (if he does start), other than I guess Buck wants our ACTUAL starters to get an extra day of rest?

Yeah I actually meant Thursday, my bad. I'm not sure why he would want to do that when it's practically a guaranteed loss.

Makes very little sense to me. The extra days rest seems like over-managing. The only way this makes sense is that a salary dump is in the works and someone has asked to see Ubaldo pitch one more time.

Over managing like he did last year when he optioned Chen when he didn't want him to pitch against Toronto.

I'd say he's got a pretty good shot at going 5+ 3ER. I don't like that we're sacrificing the Minn game to set up our rotation for the TOR series.

Why are they even sacrificing any game period? Their schedule over the next month is brutal and they are in the tightest division race in the majors. The Orioles need to do everything they can to win as many games as possible now . Worry about fatigue and nagging injuries later. Ubaldo should only pitch in mopup duty when the Orioles have a 7+ run lead. Why are they so obsessed with having this guy start games?

Are there any contending teams strutting out starters who haven't pitched in weeks with an ERA approaching 8?

Christ, this team. It's just...wow. The Twins have an average offense. The O's haven't been scoring against terrible starters. It's essentially white flagging the game. Just ridiculous.

Also, the other teams are getting better while Duquette sits here under the guise that this rotation is good because of a week of above team average results.

Watch he will pitch a no hitter. :laughlol:

If he throws a no-hitter Thursday, I'll kiss my dog's rear end on video and post it on here for all to see.

Somehow, I think I'm safe from the humiliation.....of course, there was the time a few years back where the Ravens were facing 4th and 29 and I told my brother I'd kiss his rear end if they converted.....yup....welched on that promise, lol....

Archived